Our team believes in making an extraordinary impact. We do this by challenging each other to have a mindset of constant improvement, automating everything we can, thinking to scale, and wanting to do great work. Following this, our small team is able to build scalable systems to process millions of orders from some of the world's largest merchants.
We believe that the challenges are still ahead of us. In the next year SquareTrade is expected to have major international customer growth and in order to meet the growth, we will need to add the latest technology, provide new services, and adapt our process and systems for faster iteration.
* Work in a fast-paced Agile environment
* Code. A lot of it, every day
* Re-architect and refactor our back-end order processing system for performance and scalability.
* Write well-structured, testable code without much supervision from more senior engineers.
* Leave the code cleaner than you found it.
* Automate and innovate.
* Work with product owners on requirements, design and story break down.
* Design and development of integration projects
* Set estimates and hit them
* Work with partner groups; and initiate discussions with partner groups when needed
* Be independent and self-directed
* BS in Computer Science or related (i.e.: Computer Engineering) is REQUIRED
* Minimum 5 years of professional software development experience in Java based enterprise applications
* Strong communication skills and must be able to work effectively in cross-functional teams
* Team player
* Opinionated, suggests ways to make things better; is always thinking about improving
* Be able to learn and pick up new skills and technology quickly
* Knowledge and experience in JEE, ORM Frameworks, SQL, and Linux
* Strong knowledge and experience with performance and scalable systems
* Knowledge and experience with microservcies
* Experience with REST based web services
* Spring, Spring Cloud, Netflix OSS, JUnit, TestNG
* Git, Groovy, Python
* Someone who likes technology and keeps up with it; can suggest ways to use new technology improve our code-base; but not someone with a hammer looking for nails
* E-commerce, integration, EDI or retail system application know-how
* Specific knowledge and experience in JPA/Hibernate, JBoss, Postgres
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF WORKING @ SQUARETRADE INCLUDE:
* Not feeling stuck! This team has exposure to many different parts of the business, making transitioning easy...we work on developing careers based on what people enjoy!
* Competitive salaries, benefits (medical, dental, vision), flex PTO, full 401k matching
* Respect for your work-life balance
* A paid volunteer day to give back to the community
Who We Are:
SquareTrade is the fastest growing company of its kind. We're revolutionizing a $30b industry with service innovation and attention to customer satisfaction. We partner with some of the largest, most sophisticated retailers and carriers in the world (Walmart, Target, Amazon, Costco, and T-Mobile to name a few), consistently win industry awards, have received tens of thousands of 5-star reviews… and we're just getting started. A member of the Allstate family, SquareTrade has headquarters in San Francisco and London.
The Team: http://www.squaretrade.com/leadership
SquareTrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the San Francisco FCO