What you'll be doing...
As a Senior Java Developer, you will work on transforming our billing application to a cloud-based billing platform.
You''ll work on requirements, provide design and delivering solutions to support our Bill Formatting platform. You will work with Business and IT partners in identifying technical improvements and propose possible technical solutions. You will design and document business and technical specifications for bill formatting interfaces for both upstream and downstream applications that include both batch and online interactions, online interfaces include critical functions like rendering PDF version of the bills, and New Bill Summary activities. This applications interfaces with both customer facing and center facing functions like bill view and adjustments.
* Enable platform migration to a public cloud AWS ensuring Verizon security standards.
* Develop efficient cloud-ready solutions to complex business problems using Java & Open source technologies.
* Design and develop modules for the bill formatting platform to support monthly releases as well as long-term strategic initiatives such as platform modernization and new bill format
* Deliver new pricing structures and plans for Consumer and B2B customers.
* Analyze requirements and high-level design and be able to produce detail design documents.
* Produce analytical reports to monitor key metrics such as call in rates, churn, etc.
* Use the Spring API to automate manual steps in the bill formatting processes.
* Perform the role of a full-stack developer who can design, develop and deploy code to test environments using DevOps tools.
* Write SQL queries needed to maintain the business rules and application configuration.
* Support growth of FIOS services and 5G.
* Provide real-time bill generation.
* Migrate billing platform from mainframe based to cloud-based solution to reduce MIPS and computing cost.
* Identifying gaps in the target billing solution features like support to IOT, 5G and proposing a technical solution to integrate Verizon applications with vendor product.
* Finalize a formatting solution by working with any COTS billing system to integrate the new billed data feed to the homegrown Verizon standard formatting solution.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four years of relevant experience.
* Four years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with Java and Spring - (Spring Batch, Spring Boot or Spring Integration).
* Oracle/MySQL SQL experience.
* Experience with Unix, Python shell scripting.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Experience with Jenkins, Gitlab, Artifactory.
* Experience with cloud automation tools such as Ansible, CloudFormation.
* Experience with container management using Kubernetes.
* Experience with on JUnit test cases.
* Experience with billing systems.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.