The Senior Project Manager will own and manage IT projects across IT sub-departments, ensuring delivery of high quality projects within time and budget according to a pre-defined, consistent process. This role will also help develop project management best practices and evolve the project management and change management processes. The position requires strong project management, program management, communication, organizational and leadership skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Work with other Project Managers and other IT team members to ensure successful project delivery from project inception through closure.
* Create various project documents, including project charters, project plans, status reports, project risk assessments, and project gating presentations. Work with project team to ensure relevant project documentation is created.
* Provide project gating presentations to the IT Directors at various stage gates of their assigned projects.
* Report on the project pipeline, budget run, risks, issues and mitigation plans for their assigned projects.
* Resolve resource, timing or other conflicts between projects.
* Contribute to the project management best practices and standards within IT.
* Other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* A minimum of 7 years of experience, including 5 years of experience managing increasingly complex projects which may include package implementation, client-server, stand-alone applications, mobile or web development.
* Demonstrated experience contributing to process and methodology improvements
* Demonstrated knowledge and execution of project management practices, tools and methodologies, including an appropriate project management tool (Microsoft Project, Workfront, etc.)
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
* Master's Degree in Computer Science, Business, or Management Information Systems
* Legal experience
* Experience with transactional systems, particularly in the accounting, finance or human resources functional areas or experience in knowledge management area.
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
* Executive presentation skills
* Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
* Ability to prioritize and balance resources/needs across multiple projects simultaneously.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* User of good judgment with strong interpersonal communication skills
* Well developed analytical and problem solving skills
* Work harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a team.
* Preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
* Work under well pressure and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
* A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job
Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.