Senior IT (Broadcasting) Project Manager
CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS News
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Staff
JOB SCHEDULE: Full-Time
JOB LOCATION: New York, NY
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 110 million people a week during the 2017/2018 season. CBS has been the #1 network in primetime for 10 consecutive seasons. The network has the #1 comedy/scripted program, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; #l late night program, THE LATE SHOW WITH STEPHEN COLBERT and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for leading teams to deliver projects with the CBS News division. The Senior Project manager will manage resources, schedules, financials, and adhere to stage gate quality and SDLC control guideline throughout the full systems deployment life cycle. This includes managing issues, risks, and project change requests - to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
The Senior Project Manage will work in coordination with the Solution Delivery Executives (SDE), Application and Technical Architects, team leads and members and third party vendor to successfully manage and complete project deliverables. The selected candidate will also contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
The Senior Project Manager has the authority to run the project on a day-to day basis on behalf of the Steering Committee, within established constraints. The select candidate will always retain ownership from a Project management perspective. The Senior Project Manager will verify that the project will produce the required deliverables, within the specific constraints of time and cost, and achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case.
* Manage large-scale broadcast projects, from initial concept to completion.
* Develop documentation, as needed - requirement, financial, workflow, and design.
* Be Proactive, forward thinking and analytical.
* Work with our finance team and be able to produce - Capital Project Requests, monthly financial expenditure, quarterly projection and resource utilization reports.
* Present detailed weekly updates/progress reports to key stakeholders.
* Liaise with Steering committees, VPs, Directors, Project sponsors and strategic partners.
* Provide on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and meet project milestones.
* Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery to include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major and several initiatives simultaneously.
* Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of CBS strategic objectives.
* Manage and lead project teams consists of on-shore and offshore, internal and external - resources.
* Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and development management activities.
* Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment, demonstrating team work, innovation and excellence.
* Build and maintain relationships by engaging business sponsors, key stakeholders, SDE and project teams to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives
* Provide feedback on the use of SDLC template for medium to large size implementations to ensure predictability and consistency across the portfolio.
* Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capacities for the organization.
* Prepare estimates and detail project plans for all phases of the project.
* Procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframe.
* Communication roles and responsibilities of the project team, per the Enterprise Program delivery guideline.
* Manage the day-today project activities and resources, and chairs the project management team meetings
* Monitor resource performances and provide reviews
* Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks - communicating across leadership.
* Understand interdependencies between technology, operations, and business needs.
* Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solution will address client goals, while maintaining alignment with industry best practices.
* Manage project scope and changes through the change management process.
* Participate and/or drive feasibility studies, vendor selection and proposals for evaluation appropriate key stakeholders.
* Manage process improvement initiatives assessing current and future state solutions contributing to improving the success of the Project portfolio.
* Act as an internal quality control check for the project; apply through stage gating throughout all phases of a project to drive consistency.
* Develop the Quality Management Plan with assistance from Team Leads.
* Manage on-going Quality Control and participate in quality issue resolution.
* Adopt to procurement policies and procedures established by the CBS procurement authority.
* Assist in dispute, negotiation, arbitration, or Litigation as needed.
* Support formal/informal schedules to manage the engagement contract.
* Define the Statement of Work and Specifications for the requested goods and services.
* Monitor the progress of RFP, RFQ, IFB or RFI, as needed.
* 8+ Years of Project Management in a Media Production or a Broadcast environment.
* Exceptional understanding of Broadcast and Production equipment & workflow.
* Avid & AP (ENPS) - experience - preferred
* Telestream, MassTech, Amazon Cloud - experiences - preferred.
* Must be able to multi-task and work with conflicting priorities.
* Networking (Avaya, Cisco) and Server Virtualization (VMWare) experiences - preferred.
* Exceptional writing, organizational, time-management and planning skills.
* Ability to Communicate and present to Steering Committees, VPs, Directors, Project Sponsors and Strategic partners.
* Proven success in an Executive leadership role, managing large projects ($10Mil+), with a fortune 500 company.
* Ability to lead/drive project team.
* Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills include the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations.
* Excellent leadership communication (written, verbal, and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
* Self-motivate, decisive, with ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
* Strong functional and technical knowledge.
* Must be proficient with MS Project, MS Visio, MS Office Suite, CA Clarity PPM.
* BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or business specific field.
* PMI Certified preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled