We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The HSS IT Service Management Solutions team is accountable for supporting the ongoing improvement of IT Service Management capabilities through application development, data management and process automation. As a Sr. Infrastructure Developer on the Splunk platform, you will work as part of an agile squad to rapidly and effectively develop solutions through code that add real value for our customers.
In this role you will:
* Use tools such as Atlassian (Bitbucket, Bamboo, JIRA, Confluence), New Relic, and Slack, to drive operations and collaboration
* Leverage AWS yaml-based deployment files for infrastructure provisioning
* Practice and drive engineering practices such as DevOps (CI/CD; you build it, you own it), 12-factor design, independent architecture
* Develop and maintain shell scripts (e.g. Korn, C shell, PERL, Python, PERL, etc.) to automate systems and application processes and enhance systems functionality.
* Develop software solutions by understanding and studying systems flows, data usage and work processes
* Assist in or independently create robust, scalable, and high-quality automation solutions for infrastructure defined software development; mentor other less experienced automation engineers
* Be responsible for analysis, recommendation of upgrades, design, changes, implementation and maintenance of software
* Be responsible for the maintenance and overall performance, security and availability of the enterprise UNIX-Linux servers.
* Create and manage roles, configuration policies, and system/software automation procedures
* Troubleshoot technical issues to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround across a range of environments
* Review technical specifications from clients and vendors to confirm adequacy, accuracy and functionality of proposed solutions
* Define benchmarks for tracking and measuring performance metrics
The ideal candidate will:
* Be just as good at working with people as technology. Someone who makes a team better by being a part of it.
* Be proactive about continuous improvement and innovation.
* Be enthusiastic about learning from others and will share their own experiences and expertise. Be interested in technology and actively look for ways to increase their technical knowledge.
* Bachelor's degree in technical or business discipline, generally 5 years of professional experience * An ability to diagnose and resolve software problems quickly and efficiently
* Familiarity with automation and configuration management suites like BladeLogic, Chef, Ansible or similar products
* Proficient in new and emerging technologies
* Thorough knowledge of the following: IT concepts, strategies, infrastructure, cloud based platforms, and development tools
* Thorough knowledge of layered systems architectures and layered solutions and designs; understanding of shared software concepts
* Consultative skills, including the ability to understand and assist in applying customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements
* Negotiation skills; oral and written communication skill
* Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker
* Collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills
* Desire to continuously develop your skills and knowledge
We take care of our employees…
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at work-and in life. That's why we offer:
* Workplace Flexibility * Wellness Perks
* Collaborative workspaces
* Sit/stand desks
* Career development, programs and classes
* Diversity & Inclusion programs
* Commuter Benefits
* Adoption Assistance
* College Savings Plan
* Education reimbursement
* Hackathon Events
Liberty Mutual was named as a '2016 Great Place to Work' by Great Place to Work US.
For more info about our benefits - Benefits Information
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual - Search Our Jobs
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist - Show me the Videos
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.