Potbelly Sandwich Works
We are seeking a passionate Senior Security Engineer with experience defining, implementing, and maintaining a corporate-wide security program. Under the general guidance of the Head of Compliance and Security, this position has the primary responsibility for the design, testing, and implementation of effective security solutions within Potbelly shops and corporate office. Secondarily, this person will assist in the continued audit and compliance efforts associated with both the PCI and SOX regulatory requirements. The ideal candidate will be curious, flexible, teamwork oriented, and willing to question the status quo in an effort to improve the Potbelly security posture.
* Maintain system security by implementing and maintaining security controls consistent with PCI and SOX standards
* Design and develop security testing scenarios and perform ongoing security testing to improve the Potbelly security posture
* Recommend improvements by assessing current security posture and anticipating new security requirements.
* Perform periodic audits of Potbelly systems and processes to ensure compliance with PCI and SOX standards
* Assist in completing monthly, quarterly, and annual PCI and SOX standards
* Perform security breach investigations
* Monitoring Potbelly systems for real-time security threats
* Creating and administering security awareness training for all Potbelly employees
* Review and update the Potbelly Security Policy as needed.
* Research the latest IT security trends and threats
* Create security configuration checklists (e.g., hardening or lockdown guides) for technology platforms and solutions (e.g., operating systems, databases, firewalls, etc.).
* Operate as a security liaison to the larger organization by keeping management team and relative peers informed of the latest security trends and threats
* Act in a mentoring or coaching capacity for team members
* Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
* Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, finely manipulate and key in data.
* Must be able to engage in problem-solving skills to help identify and solve potential issues in the field.
* Must be able to communicate heavily through telephone, e-mail and in-person communications.
* Must be available, if required, to work after hours.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND BEHAVIORS
* Must represent The Potbelly Advantage and Values.
* 3-5 years of experience in security solution engineering or security architecture
* B.A. /B.S. in MIS or Computer Science, or an equivalent in education and experience.
* Experience with Windows networking, scripting, or other programming languages
* Exhibit an ability to think and plan strategically
* Must have a strong sense of initiative.
* Must be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
* Exceptional planning and organization skills.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including written, verbal and active listening skills.
* Experience with PCI and SOX requirements and audits
* Strong problem solving skills and creative solutions creation
* Strong teamwork and communication skills
CISSP, CISM, or CEH certifications are preferred.
About Potbelly Sandwich Works
Potbelly Sandwich Works is a restaurant chain that sells sandwiches through its shops while providing pick-up facilities for online orders.