Senior Growth Engineer (Ruby/Elixir)
San Francisco, California
The Growth Engineering Team is looking for a great Senior Software Engineer to join us in building customer experiences to drive acquisition, onboarding, monetization, organic growth, and retention across the New Relic product suite.
The team is responsible for accelerating the platform adoption to drive our e-commerce revenue and new logos. We use experimentation to increase conversion rate throughout the customer journey and revenue, while driving engagement and customer happiness with all of our products.
If you join this team, you will be focused on five core areas of Customer Growth:
* Data-driven Analysis: We ask the right questions about what drives growth, collect relevant data, automate the analysis, and define tests that improve conversion.
* Acquisition: We optimize the digital acquisition for newrelic.com and focus on improving the conversion rate of different aspects of our digital marketing strategy.
* Engagement & Retention: Setup, signup, and production adoption are the key experiences that we own across the customer lifecycle.
* Monetization: We are responsible for the self-service purchase experience in product, which allows customers to seamlessly buy or expand their use of New Relic.
* Referral: Giving delighted customers the tools to broaden awareness of our products and services and drive viral growth both inside and outside of customer accounts.
What You'll Do
* Reviews of your peers' code with an eye towards code quality and overall architectural soundness.
* Collaborate with the team to break down projects into engineering tasks for each sprint.
* Lead and contribute to the architecture and implementation decisions within the team.
* Identify blockers and work across teams to resolve issues.
* Provide insight about tech debt to influence the roadmap.
* Build new features to enhance our eCommerce customer experience.
* Design and develop an experimentation framework to easily run A/B experiments in the product.
* Work in different product codebases to optimize the customer experience of the platform.
* Mentoring other engineers on the team.
* You have at least 4 years of industry experience working in a team environment building production web applications with a modern OO language such as Python or Ruby, or a modern functional language such as Elixir.
* Possess a Growth mindset focused on continuously improving the customer experience to help drive engagement and sales.
* Are curious at heart and ship iterative changes and experiments with instrumentation to improve key metrics.
* Are comfortable planning and leading medium to large features from mockups to production.
* Enjoy mentoring others and feel passionate about improving software by constant iteration with your team.
* Work in short iterations to learn/refine quickly and minimize risk introduced by new changes
* Have strong opinions, weakly held and rooted in personal experience. You can easily disregard prior held biases and opinions in the face of new information and use cases.
* You are strong written and verbal communicator who expects the best of yourself and others, and would rather band together for a common cause than fly solo.
To expedite your application process, please include a short cover letter telling us why you're interested in this position and why you think we would work well together.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)-all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry's largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world's best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We're proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we're a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every 'Relic' can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We're consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers' means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.