Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works. The Business Systems group is a rapidly growing engineering organization that focuses on building internal business systems to make Merakians more efficient.
As an engineer with Business Systems, you provide delightful experiences to our business users by providing front-end and back-end applications. You are comfortable jumping to and from different programming languages and building APIs in between. You help design features for what's best for the business.
What you'll do:
* Building scalable and reliable solutions using Salesforce, Java, and Ruby
* Refine business requirements with Technical Project Managers and stakeholders
* Mentor junior engineers and systems analysts in creative architectural designs
* Lead solution design/architecture as needed for projects
Who you are:
* You have 5 years of experience developing systems for large-scale business operations environments; including 3+ years in the Salesforce development stack.
* You have experience building rapidly growing systems that balance time to market, usability, reliability, and technical debt.
* You are never satisfied by just seeing something work. Your curiosity drives you to peek behind the curtain to gain a deeper understanding of what's going on and continuously improve.
* You are experienced with a variety of tools that help you understand and debug large, complex distributed systems including sales, marketing, ops, and finance systems.
* You have the ability to quickly adapt to changing situations.
* You have a BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
* Migrating Salesforce applications from Classic to Lightning.
* Build/Configure ETL to handle data integration between systems
* Build an API to enable resellers to place orders for a new Meraki product line
* Develop a REST API Proxy to bridge on-premises services with cloud-based platforms
* Full stack systems integrations with Meraki Dashboard
Bonus points for experience with any of the following:
* Leading development projects using an Agile Methodology
* Experience with DevOps processes for continuous deployment
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Heroku, webMethods, MuleSoft, Marketing Automation Tools.
Are you wondering what it is like to work at Cisco Meraki? Picture a breathtaking office, healthy catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, onsite gym and paid time off to volunteer for causes you believe in. Cisco Meraki has created an amazing equal opportunity focused office where employees thrive. We are confident you will love it here. Check out more of our benefits on our job page, at https://meraki.cisco.com/jobs, and we look forward to talking with you soon.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we don't just accept difference - it's one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other's opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.