Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
* 10-12 years of experience with programming and software development including analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, maintenance, quality assurance, troubleshooting and/or upgrading of software systems.
* 5 years of experience architecting software solutions based on customer requirements
* 5 years of experience leading technical teams
* 3 years of experience designing and implementing automated build and deployment pipelines and supporting platform
* Experience troubleshooting and supporting enterprise applications while maintaining 24/7 availability
Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
A Relocation package may be available for this position.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Senior Full Stack Java Software Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation's core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
The selected candidate will work with collaborative teams to build and further advance General Dynamics Mission Systems' software systems and applications. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the Senior Full Stack Java Software Engineer will enhance their skill-set by working among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. The employee will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
* Responsible for the end-to-end lifecycle for software development and the application in production to include the technical analysis of requirements, development of the software, automated testing, builds, deployment, monitoring, and feedback
* Work closely with other Software Engineers as part of a diverse, innovative Agile/Scrum development team to produce user-friendly solutions for a web user interface based applicatioN
* Opportunity to evaluate and implement advanced web user interface frameworks
* Develop efficient server-side Java applications that facilitate various business processes that achieve the program mission
* Develop Java based web services server side and client side applications
* Participate and contribute to design sessions with other creative engineers to construct high-end solutions to meet customer needs
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
* Performs software requirements analysis, participates in research, designs, develops and tests software and tools, to include development of new work products or enhancing existing applications, systems or embedded products
* Codes, tests, integrates and documents software solutions
* Applies principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to the development of complex software and architectures
* Researches and analyzes data, such as customer design proposals, market trends, state of technology and industry, specifications and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
* Participates in internal review of software components and systems
* Receives little instruction on day-to-day work
* More often responsible to define the scope, schedule and expectations for the work they execute or lead
* Independently determines approach to solutions
* Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained
* Contributes and accountable to the completion of major programs and projects
* Responsible for resolution of significant and diverse problems and issues of broad scope and complexity
* May provide leadership and/or direction to lower level employees and teams
* Builds stable working relationships internally
* Cloud deployment experience
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran