CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on  The Muse,  Instagram and  YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
ComicBook.com and PopCulture.com, are entertainment media websites for a generation passionate about larger than life characters, celebrities and entertainment franchises. Combined each brand reaches more than 28 million monthly unique visitors. It's the nation's go-to source for all things pop culture. From celebrity and trending news to comics, anime, gaming, and franchises like The Walking Dead, Star Wars, Star Trek, Netflix and WWE, ComicBook.com and PopCulture.com speak to a genre of fans that eat, sleep and play amidst today's pop culture.
The Senior Front-End Engineer will be primarily responsible for contributing to the development, maintenance, and enhancement of web applications, based on specific product requirement specifications. The Frontend Engineer will work with the product development team, in a fun and fast-paced media-centric agile environment. As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will be responsible for making recommendations to improve the user experience of Comicbook.com and Popculture.com.
* Collaborate with team members to build pixel perfect interactive features
* Integrate with backend developers to build new features
* Lead and mentor junior developers
* Make new technology recommendations based on research and knowledge
* Design front-end architecture and processes
* Work in a fast paced AGILE environment using Kanban
* Improve the overall quality, performance, and stability of frontend.
* Implement new database pages to showcase movies, characters, actors and tv-shows
* Rewrite existing features such as content, upcoming episodes/movies to have modern designs
* Design a brand new comic book database product
What you bring to the team:
You have -
* Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
* 5+ years of professional experience, with a broad range of skills and experience in web application development
* Know the latest HTML and CSS standards inside and out.
* You have experience with source control using Git/GitHub
* Strong initiative and the ability for creative thinking for product development with the ability to work in a collaborative, innovative, agile and team-oriented environment
* You've built something cool using any reactive frameworks such as ReactJS, AngularJS, VueJS, BackboneJS, etc
You might also have -
* Extensive understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design
* Familiar with Node.JS and Express
* You know CSS preprocessor or frameworks (SASS, Bootstrap, etc). Maybe you've even built your own toolkit that sits on top of your preprocessor of choice.
* You've worked with at least one high-level server-side language.
* Experience integrating data from various back-end services and databases
* You've worked in an AWS, GPC, or Azure environment before
* You are familiar with CDNs such as Akamai or Fastly
* Experience with SEO and front end performance
* You love comic books, movies, television or other pop-culture media