About the role:
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic mid-to-senior level front end developer to join our team. As a member of the front-end team you will be responsible for developing features for some of our company's most visible web projects in an agile development environment.
What are some of the things we're working on now?
* Designing and developing a new management portal for our merchant customers built using React, SASS and BEM.
* Building a React component library and SASS style guide with Storybook to extend our common React components and SASS styles globally across our web projects.
* Fully decoupling a React front end to its own separate deployable unit.
* Continuing to enhance our flagship dining platform to accommodate new partners, and eventually converting sections of the app from Angular to React.
* 3+ years experience building responsive single page web apps using modern web technologies (including React, AngularJS, Typescript/ES6, LESS/SASS, REST, HTML5 browser apis, Git, etc.).
* Generally geeked about writing code and keeping up with the latest and greatest front end tricks and techniques, as well as coding best practices like SOLID.
* Confidence that you can build anything, but the insight to know when alternatives should be recommended.
* Experience working in an agile environment as part of a cross-functional team.
* Experience writing unit tests with Jasmine/Jest/Enzyme or equivalent tools.
* The ability to visualize and convey complex concepts to both experts and laypersons.
* A strong sense of good UX conventions and modern web/mobile design principles.
* General knowledge of browser and device compatibility issues (don't worry we only support IE11+)
* Must be able to provide some examples of recent code (work or personal projects).
* Bonus points for experience with functional programming, BEM, Storybook, Scala/Java/Node, Webpack/Gulp, Google Analytics, or any other modern web tooling.
* Positive attitude and sense of humor REQUIRED.
About our team:
We are a small agile development team in an established but rapidly growing company looking to expand our front-end team. In addition to delivering features, all team members are encouraged to contribute to process and product improvements, both within our team and directly with stakeholders. Additionally, we constantly strive to eliminate as much red tape as possible in our process which includes planning with Kanban and delivering features with continuous integration.
1. Do you use source control? Yes
2. Can you make a build in one step? A few clicks
3. Do you make daily builds? We build as often as we need to
4. Do you have a bug database? Yes
5. Do you fix bugs before writing new code? Yes
6. Do you have an up-to-date schedule? Yes
7. Do you have a spec? Yes, we write requirements in BDD format
8. Do programmers have quiet working conditions? We have an open office design
9. Do you use the best tools money can buy? Yes
10. Do you have testers? Yes
11. Do new candidates write code during their interview? Possibly
12. Do you do hallway usability testing? Yes
We connect diners to fantastic restaurant experiences by offering unique card-linked offers thanks to our ability to leverage advanced technology and powerful data analytics, while simultaneously providing value to our strategic partners' overall loyalty programs.
We work alongside our restaurant partners every day, sharing in the ebbs and flows of their business while helping them achieve their dreams. We provide marketing and financing that work with their business and are truly pay-for-performance. We help them increase revenue, traffic, and customer engagement. Importantly, our services do not require the merchant to discount or give away their products.
Even more, we enhance our partners' loyalty programs by offering a turn-key, scalable dining rewards program that is right for their business model and leverages their unique brand to help increase the value proposition for their customers.
Finally, we connect our millions of members to our participating restaurants, allowing them to earn the rewards they desire when dining out.
Rewards Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We encourage and strongly support workplace diversity.