Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer- Amazon Robotics - North Reading, MA..
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
We are seeking an exceptional Senior Level Firmware Engineer to work in our firmware team. If you're passionate about safety and performance and are an exceptional embedded engineer with an interest in robotics systems, then we'd like to talk to you about becoming part of an organization with global impact on millions of customers. At Amazon Robotics, we invent things that have never been done before. The firmware team is a comprised of super-smart doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and to solve real-world challenges. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to help to deliver and maintain the most successful robotic fleet in the world. If you love to delight customers and want to make a difference every day, then join us in making history!
Role and Responsibilities · Participate as an active member of the firmware team, developing and maintaining the firmware base of our robotic fleet and safety systems
* Learn and master multiple components with the firmware environment, potentially including areas such as cameras, WiFi, security, navigation, sensors, and more
* Work with and lead teams of high caliber firmware developers on critical products
* Demonstrate best engineering practices, documentation, and ownership
* You MUST have a strong desire to up-skill and self-develop
The ideal candidate is a top-notch embedded developer, passionate about building things and delivering solutions, and enjoys solving problems in innovative ways. As a part of the firmware development team, you will work on robotic control and safety systems to deliver features to enhance and maintain the most critical components of Amazon's Fulfillment solution. In addition to working on new products and ideas, you must have a strong desire to find issues and have the bias for action to drive the solution of these issues.
The ideal candidate has broad and deep technical knowledge, potentially ranging from experience with "big data" through to embedded systems and all points in between. This will include strong software design and implementation experience, as well as a deep understanding in some specialty areas such as image processing, wireless, networking, and an in-depth knowledge of Linux tools and architecture. In this position, these skills will be applied to help to ensure that our robotic platforms are designed and implemented to the highest standards and built to be resilient. This position will provide you with an opportunity to work across development teams to design to build solutions and critical products at massive scale.
The following statements could be applied to describe your current work experience and breadth/depth of knowledge:
* You have a high level of technical skills required by your role and area of specialty: software development, network engineering, systems engineering, embedded development, or better still, a combination of all
* You possess, utilize, and teach best practices in embedded engineering and have a strong sense of making continuous improvements
* You have a capacity and tolerance for extreme context switching and interruptions while remaining productive and able to deliver to commitments
* You love solving problems and participate in efforts to promote improvements to overall quality and customer experience, providing effective guidance and leadership
* You help teams develop pragmatic solutions that achieve business requirements balanced against an acceptable level of risk
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.