Network Operations provides 24x7 support for the organization's global production network infrastructure by performing proactive routines that ensure service impacts are avoided. This team interacts with customers and peers in Operations and Engineering to facilitate effective handling of service requests and connectivity issues.
* Incident Management: Proactive checkouts and monitoring to avoid service outages or limit their impact. Troubleshooting and fault isolation to restore service when necessary.
* Problem Management: Solutions for Incident Management from case study evaluations. This includes development of the related root cause flow charts and troubleshooting procedures that streamline the time required to isolate faults and restore service.
* Operational Readiness for New Services: Completing checklists that support pre-production deployment of network services. This includes assurance that Network Operations has updated management for all related network components, is performing pro-active routines to ensure optimal network health, understands the service and it's dependencies, and the staff is capable of performing established recovery procedures.
* Change Management Planning and Configuration Implementation: Coordination of changes at the CAB and periodic quality reviews with Engineering. Implementation of tasks assigned to Network Operations and support for those implemented by Network Engineering.
* Service Requests, Network Maintenance and Operational Support: Executing requests for analysis or support. Representing Network Operations' strategic initiatives such as vendor service level reviews, Asset Management, and Capacity Management. Coordination and support for pro-active maintenance activities required to keep the infrastructure in good health.
* Process Improvement: Specific tasks assigned by management to deliver operational support improvements to a technology, process, tool or service.
Knowledge and Experience
* Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of relevant experience or 10+ years in lieu of degree
* Certification at or above the Juniper JNCIS is preferred, although an equivalent Cisco CCNP/CCIE certification is acceptable
* Solid knowledge and experience of multicast troubleshooting in a switch/routed network
* Experience with routing protocols and concepts (OSPF, BGP, MPLS, Traffic Engineering, etc.)
* Advanced knowledge and inner-workings of TCP/IP, Layer 2 and 3 switching
* Position requires superior customer service skills; leadership traits are ideal
* Ability to work in a team oriented environment
* Weekend and off hours support is required
* Ability to grasp, document, and teach complex concepts and architecture
* In-depth knowledge of enterprise switches, routers and firewalls
* Ability to run and analyze sniffer traces (network data)
* Develop and maintain domain expertise across network eco-system
* Interact with advanced level engineering design and support solutions
* Perform all levels of routine network analysis
* Perform monitoring for new events to open incidents
* Working knowledge of how to use management tools
Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status.
* Job Type: Standard
* Schedule: Full-time