Senior Engineer- Building Technology Systems (ID# 41950) Boston, MA Category: Engineering Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 10+ Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
Senior Engineer- Building Technology Systems
WSP, an award‑winning and innovative multi‑disciplinary engineering consulting firm, is looking for a Building Technology Systems Senior Engineer with background in Building Technology Systems design for our Boston, MA office. WSP works closely with architects and owners from around the world on large, complex projects with a focus on sustainability and energy performance of the built environment.
* Project management of large projects and projects for key clients.
* Acts as project manager on projects involving multiple service lines.
* Demonstrates understanding and management of client's expectations for project goals, budget and schedules
* Responsibility for project accounting including budget monitoring, profitability, contract negotiations and timely resolution with clients.
* Has full responsibility and accountability for maintaining a portfolio of clients.
* Develops objectives to increase business with selected clients.
* Client networking, follow up on leads, follow-up participation in marketing meetings, strategy sessions, etc.
* Promotes all of WSP's service offerings when interacting with clients or potential clients.
* Prepares proposals and responses to RFP's and participates at proposal presentations.
* Has full responsibility and accountability for client satisfaction and maintaining a steady level of repeat business.
* Delegates work properly to senior and non-senior staff; manages and coordinates the work.
* Ability to mentor staff on a project basis and assure continued advancement of staff from project to project. Identifying and mentoring future Project Leaders.
* Takes active role in industry events and in professional organizations.
* Lead designs for building technology systems
* Coordination and integration of building technology systems with other intelligent building systems
* Possess a four-year Engineering degree or equivalent in related work experience in Building Technology Systems design in the following disciplines (Telecommunications/ AV/Electronic Safety and Security systems/Network systems)
* 10+ years' experience designing high end Building Technology Systems for the Architectural and Electrical consulting industry.
* At least 5 years' experience in supervisory and project management capacity.
* Experience in various types and sizes of projects including healthcare, science and technology, healthcare, high rise commercial office and high end high rise residential, hospitality, educational, data center design and outside plant infrastructure.
* Design experience of integrated intelligent building systems for Smart Buildings.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information to clients.
* Experience in various types and sizes of projects including: commercial office, healthcare, hospitality, science and technology, transit facilities, sports facilities, higher education.
* AutoCAD and Revit experience desired.
* Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software.
* Extensive experience in working directly with clients.
* Industry Certifications are a plus although not required (BICSI RCDD, CTS-D, CPP, CCNA/CCDA/CCIE)
Talent is the essence of meeting our client's objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we'd love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
WSP provides a progressive mix of benefits including medical, dental 401k and long term disability focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges, are you ready to get started?
WSP USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin and Veterans and Disability.