Parkifi is solving the world's parking problem. By providing easy access to analytics on spot-level parking data from lots, garages and on-street spots, we enable more efficient usage of the limited parking spaces and enforcement resources. Delivering data-driven insights on parking from coast to coast, Parkifi is active in Smart City development as well as the local Denver area IoT community driving more devices to be connected, providing relevant and timely data to our customers. Parkifi brings together the Iot, Big Data, and Real World to solve one of the most fundamental challenges facing the modern city today.
To learn more about our IT organization please visit http://explorethefuture.dish.com.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
As a Senior Embedded Engineer, you will play a central role in the design and development of the Dish IoT product. The ideal candidate will have a passion for product development and a strong interest in IoT solutions. The candidate will be working on our IoT development team in our Denver downtown office. They will be working in an extremely collaborative and fast-paced environment using both scrum and XP methodologies along with the software development team providing our customers with solutions. We look for self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced environment. Most importantly - We look for people that can prioritize, multi-task, and deliver - because it's a lot more fun to get things done.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
* Create & modify firmware to create robust sensors and gateways.
* Create & modify embedded Linux systems.
* You will help with battery optimization, system stability and reliability, detection tweaks, refactoring, data transfer methods and much more.
* On a day-to-day basis, you're working with engineers at the company, external consultants to determine the best path going forward
* Working in parking lots will be part of what you're doing. Real-world testing is the best testing, and you'll be out there along with most of the team making sure that what we do functions as expected resulting in a desirable experience for our customers
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful Senior Embedded Engineer has all the following:
* 5+ years of experience with C.
* 5+ years of experience with embedded Linux. Drivers, kernel builds, etc.
* Can write UART, SPI and I2C drivers quickly and reliably
* Able to integrate a manufacturer SDK and determine if it is working properly
* Able to write drivers for MCU features such as DMA, RTC, IRQs, etc.
* Knowledge in Bootloader and firmware update techniques
* Knowledge in ARM-M and ARM-A architecture experience
* Knowledge in Data compression and transmission techniques
* TCP/IP, USB, BLE, Modem, WiFi and Serial communications experience
* You must understand and have developed low powered embedded systems
* A fast learner on languages that are used in other aspects of Parkifi
* TI and Silicon Labs radio development experience
* Keil IDE experience
* Python, C#, Java, and Linux experience