Are you looking to inspire developers with next-generation data technology? Then we're looking for you. This is your chance to disrupt a multi-billion-dollar industry, change how the world accesses information, and reinvent the way businesses deliver amazing customer experiences.
We're looking for a Senior Developer Advocate to help attract and expand global developer mind-share for Couchbase. You'll be joining the team that is the voice of and force behind the Couchbase Enterprise Developer Community. As an experienced developer, speaker, writer and community leader you'll reach out and help developers successfully integrate with our developer community to take advantage of world-class technical mind-share and build next-generation applications leveraging the Couchbase data platform.
* Promote the adoption of Couchbase among SQL Developers
* Help to drive strategy for deep evangelization into other communities of developers working on enterprise applications
* Participate as a leader in the Couchbase Enterprise Community
* Partner with Couchbase regional field technical leadership and community leaders to execute aligned technical events
* Publicly speak at developer conferences, meetups and digital events
* Directly contribute while soliciting and organizing community contribution to articles, guides, application architecture references, and code
* Liaise with internal stakeholders on critical technical alignment
* Advocate for developers internally and provide feedback on real-world pain points in the developer journey
* 8+ years of combined experience in either application and/or data cluster, farm, or microservices architecture, or performance and Availability Management, or Performance optimization of operational data-layer and/or back-end data science
* 5+ years of SQL Query Writing and Database Performance Tuning
* 3+ years of Open Source Code Compilation, Debugging and Customization
* Demonstrated experience in technical writing in articles and solution references, slide presentations, technical demonstration scripts or tutorials
* Excellent public speaking skills with 3+ years experience presenting to technical audiences
* A personal posture of active diplomacy; seizing on opportunities to align activities for mutual benefit
* Comfortable with ambiguity; ready to apply experience and dialog to clarify expectations on-the-fly
* Willing to travel 35% with the discipline to work from home when necessary
* Linux and/or Windows Shell scripting
* Code compilation and deployment on non-x64 platforms (ARM, Power, RISC-V, etc)
* Cloud: Kubernetes, AWS and/or Azure
* Education and/or career experience also in a non-CS discipline
* Active participation in Open Source communities
* Active on Stack Overflow
* Leadership experience within a volunteer organization
* Leadership in open source software project(s) with 10+ other contributors
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase's HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We're committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you'll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you're a new grad or a proven expert, you'll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
* Wealth Front Career-Launching Companies List 2018
* Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startups 2018
* 2018 Deloitte Fast 500
* 2018 DBTA Readers' Choice Award for Best In-Memory Solutions
* Big Data 100: 35 Coolest Data Management And Integration Vendors
* No. 17 on Forbes' list of Best Big Data Companies to Work For in 2017
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Couchbase is a company that develops a cloud-based data platform designed to simplify mainframe and relational databases.