Primary duties consist of the application of systems analysis techniques, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications for client computing technologies. Develops and tests customized and automated configurations and monitoring capability specific to business needs. Creates documentation and training material and trains support personnel. Evaluates, maintains, modifies and documents client computing device changes and root cause analysis. Provides tier-3 technical support, guidance and expertise for projects and initiatives. Can independently make decisions that impact the project level and influence decision makers. Acts as team lead supervising other team members and able to represent manager in meetings making decisions relating to area of subject matter expertise.
* Troubleshoot multiple computer platforms: Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Mobility Devices
* Support GxP systems and devices in QC laboratories
* Strong understanding of lab environments, GxP, system validation procedures
* Partner with QC personnel for CSV activities
* Project Manager for global IT initiatives and project documentation
* Lead and Deliver technical solutions for IT lab systems
* Coordinate with other site and corporate IT staff in the resolution of issues. Ensure that resolutions are consistent with standards and do not introduce additional conflicts
* Document resolutions, workarounds, and frequently asked questions for problems and service requests
* Execute the delivery of services per Service Level Agreements to customers in support of a 24x7 mission critical environment
* Manage user accounts, access rights, device and print queues
* Support Patching / Security for All Lab systems
* Keep current documentation on systems, such as hardware and software manuals, system site guides, change control, license agreements, and service contracts
* Communicates information, issues and potential solutions across project teams directly to customers
* Ability to work in a team environment or independently with minimal or no supervision
* Take the lead and represent departmental interests on project teams
* Identify, develop and implement process improvement initiatives
* Ability to influence key decisions within areas of expertise
* Recognized as an expert in many specific technology areas
* Establish a collaborative network of resources (which include RSC, LSA, FPP, Remote Site IT, Shared Service Centers, etc.)
* Mentor and develop peers
* Assist with new service pilots, deployments, and configurations
Serves as an HPSM SME:
* Technical point of escalation
* Understands and adheres to incident management, request fulfillment, and knowledge management processes
* Problem/Escalation for specialty support team
* Ensures tickets are assigned and routed to the correct groups to ensure compliance with departmental Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
* Identify trends for incident tickets that have breached
* Works with solution owner SMEs to document resolutions, workarounds, and FAQs within knowledge management solution articles
* Evaluate New Technology and make recommendations
* Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
* Appropriate certifications for desktop and applications support
* Must have: in-depth knowledge of PC and Mac software and hardware for both desktop and laptop machines, in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications, a good understanding of Group Policy Objects and locking down workstations.
* Complete understanding and application of tools, principles, concepts, and techniques related to requirements, data, usability and process analysis. Intermediate level knowledge of other related disciplines.
* Outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills.
* Proven ability to work in a team environment.
* Demonstrated skills in developing technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives. Skilled in root-cause analysis.
* Communicate clearly with technical and non-technical audiences, both verbally and written. Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills (oral, written, telephone) including diplomacy, tact, and flexibility to interact effectively and respond to employees and outside contractors with technical and non-technical problems
* Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks among many competing requests.
* Powershell and other scripting abilities to administer and automate systems.
* Experience supporting mission-critical production systems in an enterprise environment
* Ability to prioritize, plan and report status at the project level. Can frame approaches and timelines for project work, skilled at setting priorities to complete tasks / projects within scheduled time frame
* Strong analytical skills for effective troubleshooting and problem solving
* Ability to encourage others in fostering effective teamwork and actively solicits ideas from others.
* Can lead small projects and mentor/lead individuals in workgroup. Plays lead role responsible for key deliverables (on behalf of multiple resources) on projects. Represents workgroup on project teams and influences the decisions and direction of project. Serves as the "go to" resource for the work group or project team.
* Determine methods and procedures on new assignments and coordinates activities of others in a technical lead role.
* May lead members of their functional team on medium project teams. May act as a team lead supervising other members of their functional group. Able to represent manager at meetings and in making basic decisions. Able to influence key decisions within area of expertise.
* BS degree in Computer Science preferred