1 Broadway (21026), United States of America, Cambridge, Massachusetts
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Data Engineer (Spark)
Senior Data Engineer
Capital One produces vast amounts of data every hour of every day, and our analysts and data scientists need an efficient way to find the most relevant data to their specific context at any given point in time.
Data may exist in multiple formats, where one format is right for one type of user, where a different format might be ideal for another type of user. The success of the discovery experience depends on our ability to suggest the right dataset to users at the right time.
Rather than base the backbone of discovery on a traditional search experience (submit a query, review results), we're investing in a solution where discovery capabilities will be powered by Personalized Recommendations and search is available when the recommendations fail.
Who You Are:
* You are fun to work with - you smile and solve problems.
* You are curious. You like to learn new technologies, adapt well to change.
* You are passionate and knowledgeable about data of all sorts, big and small! You enjoy finding non-standard ways to manipulate the data to meet business needs.
* You have a strong background in distributed data processing, software engineering design, and data modeling concepts.
* You are proficient in at least one major language (e.g. Python, Scala, Java). You believe that writing code is as much an art as it is a science.
* You love to innovate and care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible.
* You thrive in collaborativeagile teams and ready to take on new and unexpected challenges while building the next wave of data engineering solutions
* Bachelors degree or military experience
* At least 2 years of experience extracting data or building data using Spark
* At least 1 year of experience coding in one or more of the following languages: Python, Scala, or Java
* Experience with building EMR clusters
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.