Do you love data? Do you thrive on developing multiple sources of data to create actionable business analytics? If so, this position could be a great match for you. We are looking for several accomplished data engineers to join our Advanced Data Analytics Team in Fidelity's Asset Management organization.
This role is ideal for someone with an enterprise development background, with a strong technology and coding skills, looking to operate in a less constrained environment, as part of an accelerated development team.
Due to the nature of the role, employees on this team work full time in our Boston office
Asset Management Technology (AMT) provides worldwide technology and support to all the Investment Management, Research, Trading and Investment Operations functions. AMT is an integral partner for Asset Management to deliver creative, scalable, industry-leading investment tools that enable Asset Management to achieve competitive advantage globally.
The Expertise You Have
* Database development background, SQL, PL/SQL
* Strong background with object oriented programming, with projects completed leveraging many of the following technologies including Python, Java or .Net, .Net Core, C#
* Experience in Pattern Matching to extract data from Web Sites (Web Scraping), Text Documents, etc.
* Knowledge of Cloud computing concepts (AWS) and working experience with deploying and managing applications in the Cloud
The Skills You Bring
* You have experience with extracting of text through parsing html, xml, json, text, pdf, word, and other types of documents
* Your demonstrated experience developing RESTful API based web services on Windows and Linux
* You thrive in environments involving everything from Conceptual Design to Rapid Prototyping
* You are familiar with extracting data from REST APIs and parallel processing large datasets
* You have knowledge or interest in developing custom Data Pipelines to extract data, map data, transform data, and to load data in various data stores like Oracle, S3, and / or shared drives.
* Participating in problem solving, troubleshooting, performance turning, production support, and maintenance of existing APIs
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.