Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will perform high-level design based on provided external specifications. Specify, design and implement minor changes to existing software architecture. Build highly complex enhancements and resolve complex bugs. Build and execute unit tests and unit plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering as necessary to discuss minor changes to product functionality and to ensure quality and consistency across specific products.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Senior Data Engineer
Oracle's Adaptive Intelligence Applications team is looking for exceptional talent to develop our next generation of Applications running on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
The Adaptive Intelligence Applications team is developing Oracle's next generation of applications, driving functionality from Big Data sources, using machine learning to extract value and meaning from the data. As part of this team, we need a developer who will be responsible for architecting systems to move, store, transform, and analyze large amounts of data. The developer should be a forward thinker who is passionate about developing highly innovative breakthrough technologies, and has the endurance and resilience to make innovation happen.
We are seeking brilliant individuals with strong engineering background and proven track of records to take feature/design through the entire software lifecycle to release of robust, high quality, production code.
The Role will entail interactions with other Developers across the globe and Product managers so excellent communication skills, both written and interpersonal, are crucial for the role.
Ideal candidates should match or exceed number of following criteria:
* BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
* 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
* Relational or NoSQL database experience
* 3 Years Experience with Java or 1 year with Scala.
* Experience working with Java Enterprise Edition, Application Servers and
* Experience working with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Kafka etc)
* Experience working with HTTP, SSL, REST and JSON.
* Python experience is a plus
* Agile development experience is a plus
What you'll be doing:
* Build data pipelines that collect, connect, centralize, and curate data from various internal and external data sources
* Manage and extend a reliable, effective, and scalable data infrastructure
* Partner with Data Scientists and other business stakeholders to meet their data requirements
* Implement systems for monitoring data quality and consistency
* Productionize machine learning models that power our data products and integration with Oracle Applications
* Help the Data Science team apply and generalize statistical and ML models on large datasets
* Identify inefficiencies, optimize processes and data flows and make recommendations for improvements
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.