Job FamilyData Engineering
Job Description SummaryThis is a senior level role, responsible for the vision, deployment and administration of Hadoop enabled infrastructure as a core service to all business functions.Job Description
* Administer on premise and cloud based Hadoop clusters.
* Make information available to large scale, next generation, predictive analytics applications.
* Assist in selection and integration of big data tools/frameworks required to provide requested capabilities.
* Build, implement and support the data infrastructure; ingest and transform data (ETL/ELT process).
* May supervisor team projects and serves as a liaison with the PMO.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field
* Five years of collective experience in data engineering, data analysis, data warehousing or data transformation, in a similarly sized organization.
* Two years of experience architecting, building and administering large-scale distributed applications using Hadoop and/or Linux systems.
* Two years of ETL experience with Hive/Impala - Hue, ETL and advanced SQL programming.
* In-depth understanding of the Hadoop eco-system (e.g. HDFS, MapReduce, HBase, Pig, Scoop, Spark, Hive)
* In-depth understanding of data warehousing and BI concepts, including hands on experience building ETL/ELT data pipelines.
* Attention to detail and results oriented, with a strong customer focus.
* The ability to work within a team environment.
* Problem-solving and communication skills.
* Master's degree in a related field.
* Cloudera Administrator certification.
* Office environment.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It's more than a paycheck.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways - throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Learn more about our Total Rewards Package.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. Please contact: email@example.com if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
Our Company is committed to providing accessibility to those with disabilities in a manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity, that is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 ("AODA"). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.