At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We're improving the world's economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
Technology at OnDeck is a mix of building world-class user experiences for our partners and direct customers, data processing to enable underwriting model development and real-time lending decisions, automating operational and compliance workflows, and generating precise money movements and calculations to service our customers. We have an emphasis on scalability, security, reliability and accuracy.
The Data Engineering group is responsible for creating, and maintaining, all the pipelines to maintain our Data Warehouse. The Senior Data Engineer will be a senior member of the team that manages the warehouse ETL pipelines.
As a Senior Data Engineer at OnDeck on the Data Engineering team you will:
* Productionize mission-critical data pipelines.
* Be responsible for ETL processes meeting their SLAs and the adoption of key practices including: Incident and Problem Ownership (standardized processes from the time an Incident is captured, through remediation, communication with stakeholders and resolution), System Reporting (weekly Incident reports and Systems health reports that cover ETL servers and databases with metrics on utilization, job inventories, system availability and other management reports)
* Monitoring and Escalations (establish practices and communications around escalations) from Level 1
* Architect and oversee the creation of new, more resilient and easier to maintain, set of pipeline processes with best practices in mind.
* Assist the WareHouse team to build a layer of truth.
You shall be a role-model for the team of Data Engineers and be able to coach and assist junior engineers in the delivery of their tasks. These include maintaining various data repositories, providing database and reporting support to end-users, engineer custom data integrations while adhering to ITSM Incident- and Problem-Management practices.
Necessary qualifications for success:
* You have 10 years of technical experience with at least 5 years of experience in Enterprise Support roles
* Extensive experience designing and implementing ETL pipelines
* Experience on running ETL pipelines in Unix/Linux environments
* Experience on scripting languages such as Python, and shell scripting
* Strong SQL knowledge
* You have extensive experience writing end-to-end automation and custom data integrations
* You have excellent communication and problem-solving skills
* Experience using ETL tools highly desired
* Experience in AWS environment and Snowflake highly desired
Nice-to-haves (not required):
* You have managed a team of ETL-developers
* Administration experience in at least one relational or NoSQL database platform: Postgres preferred, MongoDB, SnowFlake
* Experience with ETL pipelines against Salesforce
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. and a leading online lender in Canada serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by approximately 100,000 small businesses by providing them with financing to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we've issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we're reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company's success. That's why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
* Generous Vacation
* Comprehensive Healthcare
* Educational Reimbursement
* 401k Matching
* Parental Leave
* Sports Teams
* Stocked Kitchens
* Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
* Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
* Built in NYC's 100 Best Places to Work, 2019
* Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
* Crain's New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
* Crain's New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
* Denver Business Journal Largest Technology Employers in Denver, 2019
* Denver Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2019
* FinTech Breakthrough Award - Best Overall LendTech Company, 2018
* Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
* Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
* Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
* Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
* Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People's Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
* Forbes' America's Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
* Great Place to Work Certification, 2017, 2018, 2019
* Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
* Inc. Hire Power, 2013
* Lending Tree's Top Rated Customer Satisfaction, Q1 2018
* Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
* US News & World Report, "Best Unsecured Business Loans of 2018" - Best for Term Loans
* Washington Post Top Places to Work, 2019
* WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
No external recruiters or agents, please.
Ondeck is a technology-enabled financial platform that provides loan financing to small- and medium-sized businesses.