West Creek 2 (12072), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Data Engineer
Are you looking to influence decision makers with your own technological ideas and innovations? Do you want to be on the forefront of cloud adoption and emerging technologies? If yes, join Capital One's HR Tech, where we develop best-in-class strategy and solutions for key internal business domains, provide key capabilities for critical cross-organization programs, and prove out emerging technologies and DevOps best practices.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating new products, improving existing products with new technologies & solutions, play a hands-on development and design role, and delivering products in a rapid and dynamic environment.
* Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
* At least 2 years' experience in software development and programming in Java, Scala, Spark or Python
* At least 1 year of experience developing and deploying applications on AWS
* Master's Degree
* 4+ years of experience with data streaming processes like Spark Streaming, Flink, Storm or RabbitMQ
* 2+ years of experience building data pipelines
* 2+ years of experience with open source technologies
* 2+ years of building applications in AWS or any cloud environment
* 2+ years of experience creating automated solutions
* 1+ years of experience with Containerized environments like Docker
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.