TripleLift is seeking an experienced senior data engineer to join our team full time. We are a fast growing startup in the advertising technology sector, trying to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing the industry. As a senior data engineer, you will be responsible for leading our data team which is tasked with building and improving our data pipeline and reporting infrastructure. This team supports a variety of applications - a Lambda architecture pipeline in Spark, a dependency and scheduling system using Airflow, and the corresponding set of data driven APIs and front end components.
TripleLift is the technology company that invents, powers and scales ads that earn consumer attention.
Having set the standard for respectful advertising, the company leverages its dynamic templating and computer vision technologies to flawlessly deliver and scale in-feed native ads, branded content experiences and programmatic OTT brand integrations that match the look and feel of the content that is being consumed. TripleLift is reshaping the digital advertising landscape with consumer centric advertising that drives results for advertisers and unlocks new revenue streams for digital media publishers, app developers and television networks.
Headquartered in New York City, TripleLift has offices across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information about TripleLift, please visit triplelift.com
* Own a mission critical codebase that's at the heart of TripleLift's value proposition; * Contribute and monitor our data pipeline that handles billions of daily ad requests and more than a hundred unique daily events; * Research and implement cutting edge technologies that improve the performance of our data pipeline; * Design our systems that are able to handle an order of magnitude growth in data; * Mentor and coach others on the engineer team around data engineering best practices.
Desired Skills and Attributes
* Experience working on big data engineering pipelines that required a distributed systems approach; * Strong knowledge of SQL for both transactional and analytical use cases; * Experience with Spark and Scala; * Comfortable working with queues or other messaging systems such as RabbitMQ or Kafka; * Familiarity with a job scheduling and dependency system, such as Airflow; * Knowledge of Druid is a big plus; * Comfortable taking ownership of projects and showcasing key accomplishments; * Strives for continued learning opportunities to build upon craft; * Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; * Ability to work quickly and independently with minimal oversight; * Ability to accept feedback and constructive critique positively; * Solid understanding of different design patterns and their associated tradeoffs; * Extremely strong and demonstrable work ethic.
* Apache Spark & Scala for our Lambda architecture * Airflow for our job scheduling and dependencies * PHP7 & Symfony to power our reporting API's * Apache ZooKeeper & Apache Kafka to power our message bus * Redshift & Druid as our main data stores * Amazon Web Services, Docker, & Kubernetes to power our services
Minimum 5 years of relevant development experience.
New York, NY
Benefits and Company Perks
* Amazing company culture * Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses * Ongoing professional development * Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance * Equity options * 401(k) program * Snacks on snacks on snacks * Yoga, massages, and meals
* Crain's Best Places to Work - three years running! (Crain's - 2015, 2016, 2017) * Forbes Next Billion Dollar Companies (Forbes - 2018) * Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America (Inc. - 2017, 2018) * Crain's Fast 50, Fastest Growing Companies in New York (Crain's - 2017, 2018) * Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (Deloitte - 2017, 2018) * Forbes Most Promising Companies in America (Forbes - 2015) * AdTech Startup of the Year Winner (New York Times - 2015) * Startup of the Year Finalist (AdWeek - 2015)
Note: The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a federal labor law of general and nationwide application, including Overtime, Minimum Wages, Child Labor Protections, and the Equal Pay Act. This role is a FLSA exempt role.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.