ActioNet has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Cybersecurity Operations Analyst located in Washington, DC. ActioNet is an IT service provider and solutions integrator headquartered in Vienna, VA that works with the Federal Government and Department of Defense.
Senior Cybersecurity Operations Analyst
The Senior Cybersecurity Operations Analyst will assist Department of Transportation - ITSS Common Operating Environment (COE) in the maintenance and maturing of Cybersecurity Operations. Specific duties include but aren't limited to:
* Execute security operations for a large organization, including in-house security engineers and a 24x7 NOC\SOC
* Collaborate with cybersecurity teams on threats, vulnerabilities, incident handling, remediation and advice for long term sustainable improvements/countermeasures.
* Conduct security scanning and evaluate results for vulnerability management.
* Report and communicate results and work cross-functionally with storage, network, server, software and application engineers to assess risk level, develop, and recommend appropriate vulnerability remediation measures.
* Identify systemic security issues based on analysis of vulnerability and configuration.
* Serve as liaison with DOT's Security Operations Center (SOC) and DOT IT Services for COE cybersecurity related incidents.
* Analyze, design, and develop security requirements and features for system architectures of cloud infrastructure, servers, and personal computers.
* Be available for 24/7 On-call rotation for security operations remediation services.
* Create, update and maintain design, architecture, data profiles, licenses, support agreements, standard operating procedures, work instructions, and knowledge articles.
* Serve as a highly cohesive team member and a change agent while serving as a consultant.
Required Job Experience:
* 8+ years of hands-on experience in security operations, vulnerability assessment, remediation, incident detection and response, malware analysis, and/or cyber forensics.
* Skilled in conducting vulnerability scans and recognizing vulnerabilities.
* 5+ years of experience in security operations for a large organization, including in-house security engineers or a 24x7 NOC\SOC
* 8+ years of hands-on experience administrating operating systems (Windows, Linus, AIX, UNIX, etc.) and server hardening processes
* 5+ years of hands-on experience in maintaining and using Symantec Endpoint Protection and similar tools.
* Senior level knowledge of wireless networking and associated security protocols.
* Strong understanding of both security and network fundamentals and protocols (e.g. IDS/IPS, Vulnerability Scanning, Monitoring and Prioritization, TCP/IP, Routing, Firewalls, Security Information and Event Management [SEIM] and web content filtering, etc.)
* Familiarity with developing and implementing monitoring capabilities, including Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM), for on-premise and cloud service provider infrastructure (e.g. Azure)
* Experience using SolarWinds, Tenable Security Center, Trend Micro, BigFix, and IronPort Security tools - Preferred
Required Clearance: Public Trust (or obtain)
Required Education: Bachelor or Master degree (or industry equivalent experience).
Preferred Certifications: CISSP, GIAC Penetration Testing Certification (GPEN, GWAPT, GCTI), OSCP, CEH, etc.
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.