10th Magnitude is a technology services firm helping businesses achieve transformation through cloud technologies. We are market leaders in leveraging the power Microsoft Azure to accelerate innovation speed, operational agility and customer responsiveness for clients around the globe. As one of the top Microsoft Azure partners in the US we specialize in Azure Migration, Cloud-Scale Custom Application Development, Internet of Things, Analytics and DevOps achieved through Azure-Enabled Infrastructure Automation. A member of the Microsoft Azure Partner Advisory Council and a Gold Cloud Platform Microsoft partner, 10th Magnitude is headquartered in Chicago and rapidly expanding across the central US
If you have serious experience with building and running high-performing corporate applications and infrastructure, then we want you to be the new Sr. Cloud Automation Engineer who will help our clients leverage Microsoft Azure to migrate, build, and run enterprise applications in the cloud.
You will be responsible for helping our clients improve their efficiency and effectiveness using modern technologies and techniques. You will take our customers to the next level of velocity and agility by implementing and championing the principles of CI/CD and Infrastructure as Code. We are looking for someone who is passionate about using cloud technology to solve business challenges and relishes in developing solutions that are truly solutions. Keeping our skills cutting edge is a must, and part of your role will be to share the same education and enthusiasm that you give our clients with our internal teams. Curiosity, confidence, and a holistic application of technical skills to business problems are your hallmark.
* You will plan, analyze, design, and deploy enterprise scale Azure infrastructure solutions.
* Reviewing and managing technical requirements and business functional requirements for establishing new Azure platforms
* You will provide input to improve scalability and reliability of infrastructure to our clients
* Designing, building, and supporting advanced cloud automation workflows and tools used to support automated CI/CD pipeline application deployments into Azure
* Providing guidance and direction to client teams in regard to DevOps processes and technical/pipeline standards
* A passion for problem solving and learning new technologies
* 5+ years experience with infrastructure automation tools (CFEngine, Chef, Ansible, Puppet).
* 2+ years experience as an Architect
* 5+ years Application Development/Modernization OR System administration and engineering experience (Linux or Windows operating systems; experience with mixed environments a plus).
* Well versed in Internet architectures, including web, application, and database components.
* Knowledge of infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting and configuration management required; and strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment required;
* Knowledge of modern technology service architectural hosting, security, and risk management concerns such as IAM, access control, monitoring, IaaS/PaaS/SaaS, and containers
* Thorough understanding of configuration management concepts.
* Expertise with system automation scripting (Ruby preferred).