The Human Energy of S&C
Integrity, enthusiasm, sustained energy. These are the traits that S&C has always looked for and found when seeking people to join our 100% employee-owned team. S&C supports these qualities with a strong package of pay and benefits, excellent education and training programs, a challenging work environment, and broad opportunities for advancement.
Address of Location: 6601 N Ridge Blvd, IL, Chicago 60626
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Required
Relevant Work Experience Requirements: 6 to 10 Years
Working in Information Technology's Systems Development group requires the ability to work in a global, cross-functional team with minimal supervision. As a member of the Systems Development Team, the Sr. Business Systems Analyst is responsible for providing functional and technical support for S&C's Oracle e-Business Suite (EBS) of applications, with a focus on the Order Management and Shipping modules. This role will work on the following: Problem analysis and resolution; Software upgrades, enhancements and new software implementations; Custom application design, development, testing, installation and support. The latter set of applications consist of packaged software, S&C developed custom software, and interfaces between business systems.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Working with business clients, peers and software suppliers to resolve application issues.
* Working with business clients, peers and software suppliers to satisfy new business requirements.
* Understanding the project management process and responsibilities, as both a project leader and team member.
* Communicating status, issues and resolutions to supervision and others at all levels in the organization.
* Following established standard work and best practices; defining new standard work as appropriate.
* Working well with others in team settings.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
* Expert knowledge of Oracle applications and technology, particularly expertise in the Order Management and Shipping disciplines including their integration with other Oracle EBS modules/reporting systems. Experience with other Oracle modules is a plus.
* Initiative to remain current with new Oracle application and supporting infrastructure features/technologies.
* Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience handling support calls.
* Experience working closely with business clients and IT groups to implement solutions to complex business needs.
* Expert inter-personal skills with a demonstrated ability to resolve conflicts and deal with others in a courteous and supportive manner.
* A 4-year college degree
Relevant Work Experience:
Four to eight years working with the Oracle EBS in either an IT Oracle support role or as a Superuser of the Oracle Order Management and/or Shipping modules.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
* Physical demands are those normally associated with an office environment
* Occasional handling of office supplies, such as paper and copier/printer cartridges
* Frequent use of PC keyboard and mouse
Number of Openings: 1.00
Employment Status: Exempt
Employment Classification: Full Time
Core Working Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
S&C Electric Company is a global provider of equipment and services for electric power systems. Founded in 1911, the Chicago-based company designs and manufactures switching and protection products for electric power transmission and distribution.
S&C's products help deliver electric power efficiently and reliably. Some are used to switch circuits. Others minimize damage to equipment in the event of a fault or reduce the area of an outage by automatically rerouting power flow; S&C's sophisticated power-quality products can deliver uninterrupted power for an entire facility, for crucial process industries.
In addition, S&C offers a wide range of engineering, laboratory, and testing services for electric utilities and commercial, industrial, and institutional power systems.
S&C provides solutions for customers worldwide. The company has engineering offices and manufacturing facilities in Chicago, Illinois; Franklin, Wisconsin; Alameda, California; Duvall, Washington; Rockville, Maryland; and Orlando, Florida. S&C subsidiaries operate in Toronto, Canada; Curitiba, Brazil; Mexico City and Aguascalientes, Mexico; Wales, United Kingdom; South Yarra, Australia; and Suzhou, China.
Thank you for your interest in S&C Electric Company. S&C has a proud and longstanding tradition of providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Further, S&C is committed to taking affirmative action to ensure that qualified females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities can pursue equal employment opportunities. For information regarding equal employment opportunity, please see http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.