Department Advancement & Alumni Relations Alternate Department Description Criminal Background Check Standard Background Check Motor Vehicle Background Check No Statement of Economic Interest Not Applicable Restricted Position? No, is eligible for layoff or severance benefits. Job Category Classified Staff Role (State) Job Title Info Technology Specialist II Working Title Senior Business Intelligence Developer Job Type Full-Time Position Number 02392Z Recruit Number STF9388 Working Hours 8:30-5 Location Fairfax, VA Other Location Pay Band Payband 5 Salary Commensurate with education and experience. Web Announcement
Senior Business Intelligence Developer
The George Mason University Advancement Department is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person for a Senior Business Intelligence Developer. This role will work to support the reporting and analytical needs of the fundraising activities of George Mason University and to act as a back-up for server/database administration and application support to users.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
* The design and development of the data models for the staging and the target layers. Data model must be designed with an end goal to satisfying reporting needs while using dimensional modeling techniques.
* Communicating conceptual and logical data models to the project team. When necessary, conduct walk-through sessions to the end users that involve understanding the data, its structure and meaning (e.g., data models, STTMs), and the analytic tools used to obtain information.
* The design, development and documentation of the Extraction, Transformation, and Load (ETL) programs, scripts, cron scheduler or other components necessary to move data from sources to targets.
* ETL mappings unit testing and conducting performance timing for load performance optimization prior to system testing. Assist in the development of test plans and test scripts, and support of the executions for system testing and user acceptance testing.
* Thorough knowledge of full data warehousing development life cycle.
* Expert knowledge in relational and dimensional data modeling and database design skills.
* Intensive knowledge of SQL (includes SQL tuning), PL/SQL, ETL techniques, and shell scripting.
* Strong analytical and effective problem-solving skills.
* Strong interpersonal, teamwork and excellent communications skills.
* Ability to effectively communicate with the University's IT management, and technical staff.
* Must have ability to document processes and procedures in a clear and logical manner including translating business requirements into technical requirements documentation; ETL metadata and architecture documents.
* DW design and development best practices, standards and principles in conjunction with DW lifecycle methodology.
* Working knowledge of BI products.
* Experience with SAP Business Objects (Web Intelligence, Universe Designer, Crystal Reports, Xcelsius, Dashboards), Oracle databases and related utilities, ETL, PL/SQL, Olkin Data Warehousing tools, SAP Business Objects Administration (SAP Data Services and Administration).
* Proficient in SQL and PL/SQL.
* Hands-on experience with data warehousing modeling, design, development and end-to end implementation experience.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and/or the equivalent level of training and experience.
* A Master's degree with hands-on Oracle database development work experience in analysis, design, and coding of business applications.
* Experience using Tableau.
* Experience in higher education fundraising operations.
* Ellucian Advance portal administration.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
For Full Consideration, Apply by: Posting Date 06/14/2019 Job Close Date Open Until Filled? Yes Telework Friendly? Mason Ad Statement
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report "Up and Coming" spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason's diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Campus Safety Information
Mason's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at http://police.gmu.edu/annual-security-report/