1 Broadway (21026), United States of America, Cambridge, Massachusetts
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Big Data Engineer (Spark)
Who We Are:
Capital One is a technology company, a research laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand with over 65 million customers. We offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients - and data is at the center of everything we do. Capital One was named one of Fortune's 2018 100 Best Companies to Work For the 12th consecutive year! Come learn more about the great opportunities we have to offer!
Capital One has a history of disrupting, and we are doing it again. We're experimenting, innovating, and delivering really cool stuff to 65 million customers. We love to be curious, to dream, to ask, "What if?" Oh, and we love to write code.
We could tell you more, but you're going to check out our website anyway, right?
Here are some of our favorites:
The role: Senior Big Data Engineer (Spark)
As a Capital One hands on Senior Big Data Engineer in our Cambridge office, you'll work on a team that supports various data platforms and pulls data for fit for purpose applications. This may require developing, highly-available RESTful services, back-end Java, Scala or Python based systems, using Machine Learning and AI to manage systems and performance, working with emerging database technologies on proof of concept initiatives.
What you'll do:
* Hands on developer, design, code, and test complex distributed systems, integrations and protocols in the cloud.
* Continuously improve software engineering practices.
* Work within and across Agile teams to lead design discussions.
* Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions.
* Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities.
* Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork and self-managed.
* Bachelors Degree or Military experience
* At least 2 years of experience extracting data or building data using Spark
* At least 2 years of experience developing Java, Scala or Python based software solutions
* Master's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
* 2+ years in Agile practices
* Familiarity with developing and deploying on AWS
* 5+ years of experience building data pipelines
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.