StockTwits is the largest social network of investors and traders. Our users create real-time streams of insights, ideas and information that are used by investors, analysts, media and others as they research stocks and manage their investments.
1M+ investors, market professionals and public companies consume and share information and ideas about the markets and stocks using StockTwits. The content is viewed by an audience of over 40 million across the financial web.
StockTwits is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our cross-functional Agile engineering team. You will architect elegant distributed systems, design and develop scalable microservices and APIs, and work to continuously improve our engineering practices by participating in architecture discussions and code reviews. You are self-driven and will carry your ideas from inception to delivery, making meaningful technical decisions along the way. Above all, your work will directly impact the way the world experiences the next generation of financial investment on the largest social network of investors and traders.
* 5+ years professional engineering experience
* Fluency in Go, with working proficiency writing web services idiomatically
* Experience with cloud infrastructure, especially AWS (e.g., Lambda, ECS, EKS)
* Experience with relational and/or non-relational databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, DynamoDB)
* Experience with network programming and messaging systems (e.g., Kafka, Kinesis, SQS)
* Experience writing multithreaded code and troubleshooting complex concurrency issues
* Experience designing highly available and fault tolerant web services with a passion for RESTful semantics
* Working fluency in any statically typed language (e.g., Java, C++, C#, Objective-C) and any dynamically typed language (e.g., Python, Ruby, Perl)
* Experience with systems programming or familiarity with C
* Understanding of caching systems (e.g., Redis, memcached)
* Proficiency working in a UNIX/Linux environment
* Familiarity with DevOps best practices for CI/CD
* Comfortable working in a small and agile engineering team
* Experience working in the financial services industry
* A well-sharpened, readily used Occam's Razor
Here's the good stuff about us…
* We are a small, close team. We often have company outings and team events.
* You'll make an impact. StockTwits is not afraid to give you real opportunities to be epic and make a difference immediately.
* We've got a big presence, but a small team.
* Competitive salary & meaningful equity
* Medical, Dental, & Vision
* 401K Plan
* Weekly Team Lunches + fully stocked snackbar
* Flexible Work Environment & Unlimited PTO
* Pre-tax commuter benefits
StockTwits is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more "other" than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.
Real-time ideas and stock conversations