Flow Kana is the first sustainable, sungrown cannabis company to embrace the small, independent farm ecosystem. We partner with, and give scale to, craft farmers in Northern California and values-aligned brands who honor beyond-organic farming practices. We offer a wide range of processing, co-packing, white label, and distribution services to a growing list of partners including brands, dispensaries, distributors, and manufacturers, who all share our values and vision of building a better supply chain for our industry.
Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we're breaking down prohibition stigmas to show the important role that cannabis plays in treating countless common medical conditions. We're building an agricultural model that empowers small, independent farmers, that can be replicated worldwide, supporting Flow Kana's vision: to become the world's largest provider of sungrown, organic cannabis products. If this gets you excited, too, come work with us!
What you'll do
* Report to the Head of Engineering
* Play a key role in implementing new product features, large and small on a host of applications that represent supply chain management, inventory forecasting, farmer apps, wholesale buyer portals, BI tools, and online e-commerce systems
* Design and develop key client and server systems, APIs, applications, and tools
* Identifying bottlenecks and bugs, and devising solutions to these problems
* Collaborating with other team members through code reviews and occasional pair programming
* Guiding technical decision making and contributing towards improving our engineering process
* Working with the Head of Engineering, Product Management and other team leaders to inform product road mapping
* Writing and improving automated tests using Rspec and Capybara
* Conduct technical and- feature risk assessments
* Understanding and influencing the vision and overall strategy
* Helping maintain code quality, organization and automatization
What you'll need
* 7+ years of production engineering experience
* 5+ years experience with Ruby on Rails or other server-side frameworks
* Experience with SQL and relational databases (we use PostgreSQL)
* Ability to work and participate in an agile team setting with an open, collaborative communication style
* Strong problem solving, debugging skills, eye for detail, and an ability to anticipate and find corner cases
* Proficient in design of algorithms and data structures
* Experience in Unit Testing or Test Driven Development
* Ability to respond to situations in a timely manner, and meet personal commitments
* Excellent problem solving skills
* An open mind and great work ethic
* A passion to learn and grow with the company
* Maintains high ethical standards and a positive, professional demeanor
What we offer
* Competitive pay
* Health benefits
* PTO & paid holidays
* Snacks & drinks
* Dog friendly offices
* Monthly CSA box
Why Flow Kana?
You've probably heard cannabis will be a $40+ billion industry as early as 2020. While it is no doubt there is enormous market potential, more importantly, the Flow Kana team sees an incredible opportunity to shape the future of the entire industry. We have a team of over 200 employees across our 6 locations and are doubling in size in 2019!
Our network of independent farmers are true stewards of the land and have spent their lives balancing a unique, harmonious relationship between the farm, the genetics and the terroir using only organic methods. The result is an unparalleled product that simply cannot be found anywhere else.
We believe that everyone should know who grows their cannabis - including where and how it's grown. Our values as a company are simple - we are pioneers of positive impact, and value respect, humility, and grit above all else.
Pioneering spirit - We are all professional leaders in our communities seeking continuous improvement in the growth of the cannabis industry with adaptability, initiative, determination, and commitment.
Positive Impact - We are socially and environmentally conscious, community oriented, and focused on identifying the highest impact we can have for the greater good.
Respect - We honor and respect the plant, each other, the heritage of the farmers and producers and the journeys that have brought each one of us together.
Humility - We approach all of our interactions with our team, customers and stakeholders with our authentic selves and an ego-less confidence that seeks to with integrity, collaborate, add value and strengthen the Flow Kana brand from the heart.
Grit - We are tenacious and always hungry. We never settle and conquer all challenges in front of us. We are resilient and operate with great integrity. We all are destigmatizing the perceptions of the cannabis community through transparent, professional, best in class performance.
Flow Kana provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
About Flow Kana
Flow Kana is a platform that connects patients with farmers that grows cannabis.