Amazon is looking for a Senior Applied Scientist to join an exciting new project team working to build a completely new best in class consumer product. We are an innovative, cross-platform, customer-obsessed team, working on big-bets in an innovative environment. Our organization rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining the direct to market product focus. Our mission is to invent and simplify large-scale solutions and bring the future to Amazon customers.
Who we are
We are a small team building new voice-forward products and experiences that delight our customers. Think of a startup within Amazon; with the ability to solve challenging problems which leverage the breadth of voice technology within Amazon. Our mission is to push the boundaries in Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), and Audio Signal Processing, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers.
Who you are
You are passionate about Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep Learning. You are an expert at building solutions leveraging the state-of-the-art AI/ML/DL tools. You enjoy being the lead scientist working on an exciting new best in class consumer product.
What you'll be doing
* Writing code most of the time (Primarily in Python).
* Building machine learning models for speech recognition.
* Building machine learning models for natural language understanding.
* Utilizing AWS Compute, Networking, Security, Storage, and Database services such as Sage Maker, EC2, S3, EBS, and many more on a daily basis.
* As an Amazon leader, owning the product areas that you are passionate about and solves major customer pain.
* Working with software engineers to identify great features that will the product delight customers.
* Contributing with technical guidance on software design, architecture, patterns and practices.
* Build relationships with your customers, partner teams and the engineers on your team.
* Believe there are generally multiple ways to solve a technical problem, each with different trade-offs. You don't typically think in terms of the "right" or "wrong" way to do something.
* Approach projects, tasks, and unknowns with curiosity, and enjoy sharing what you know and what you learn with the people around you.
* Are able to put yourself into your customer's shoes. You frequently immerse yourself in the customer experience to understand how you can better serve them
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.