Act as the front-line cybersecurity defense for a global platform that changes the lives of people around the world.
As a senior applications security engineer at Gallup, your job is to keep Gallup's network safe. From testing and monitoring to assessing and auditing, we'll depend on your attention to detail, strategic thinking, self-starter attitude and expertise in technology security to keep our systems and data secure and to mitigate future risks.
As a cybersecurity expert, you'll collaborate with system administrators, database administrators and software architects to consult and provide recommendations on security enhancements. Building strong and collaborative relationships with colleagues, you'll own projects, innovate and solve problems by working in multiple security disciplines on the latest cutting-edge platforms and technology. We don't have all the red tape other organizations do when it comes to getting things done. We work side by side with software teams to find vulnerabilities before the hackers do and change course when necessary. Every day may look different, but the objective is always the same - to protect Gallup's systems and data.
Key responsibilities include:
* Collaborating with system owners and lead developers to implement security best practices, address risks and provide mitigation recommendations
* Pen testing/ethical hacking of networks, systems and applications; network/system forensics; security auditing; and security architecture
* Continuous monitoring of cloud, network, systems, databases and applications using SIEM tools
* Assisting in troubleshooting and solving a wide variety of security issues
* Serving as security adviser for application and systems team
What you need:
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, cybersecurity, information assurance or related field
* Three years of application security experience
* Experience with pen testing/ethical hacking of networks, systems and applications
* Experience working with various operating systems, databases, cloud environments (AWS, Azure) and coding standards
* Experience working with enterprise SIEM products
* Experience working with programming/scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Perl or PowerShell
What we offer:
* Cutting-edge technology that protects Gallup's well-known brand, systems and data
* A strengths-based, engagement-focused and performance-oriented culture
* Flexible and fast-paced work environment
* World-class managers who support, position, empower and engage you
* Ongoing learning and development, with daily opportunities to solve challenging problems and reduce risks
Gallup. Providing analytics and advice about everything that matters.
Gallup is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that celebrates, supports and promotes diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.