Stratasys is a world leader in 3D printing - and its biggest fan!
The Stereolithography (SL) application engineer reports to the stereolithography product line director with the goal of building application knowledge in Stratasys organization and to develop new applications to enable sales of Stratasys SL systems. This role will play a critical part in the successful launch of Stratasys SL solutions and their long term customer satisfaction and business performance. Be THE Stratasys expert on utilizing SL for the customer application, create training materials on these applications and train regional application engineers worldwide as well as key customers. Support regional AEs in challenging pre- and post-sales activities relating to our stereolithography solutions.
Responsibilities: (Applications Development & Deployment & Application Support)
* Become a subject matter expert on SL applications, such as investment casting, rapid prototyping, rubber vulcanization and clear aligner arches
* Transfer critical skills and competencies to Regional Application Engineers, Sales, Marketing and other customer facing teams.
* Become an expert on end user usage of Stratasys SL solutions and products, and identify areas for application enhancements for product management and Research and Development (R&D) teams
* Deliver comprehensive demonstrations onsite and at Partners/customer sites either directly or through the team assigned.
* Represent the customer experience in Hardware and software development projects including functionality and appearance of the part.
* Provide critical support for marketing team for Trade Shows.
* Produce quality benchmarks and samples for Sales/Marketing and Partners by deadlines.
* Lead sample parts design, development and production for innovative 3D printing applications.
* Provide assistance in R&D testing of new products (hardware and software).
* Conduct initial and on-going training of partners/customer support/end use customers.
* Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, product design or similar discipline.
* 7+ experience in Product design & project management in a cross-functional environment - including meeting challenging deadlines with minimal resources.
* 1+ year experience printing on stereolithography systems
* 1+ year experience in Mechanical / Design CAD (ideally Solidworks)
* 1+ year experience with Microsoft and PDF applications.
* Knowledge of traditional manufacturing & prototyping processes (Investment casting, CNC, Injection Molding, Silicone Molding, etc…) is a plus.
* Experience in sales support, applications engineering or product design, in one or more of these industries: Aerospace, Automotive, Medical devices, Defense, Consumer electronics or Consumer Good
* Strong verbal and written communications skills.
* Strong team player, able to work well with others.
* Skilled and comfortable presenter in small, medium and large audience environments.
* Must be self-motivated, and work effectively on projects with minimal direct supervision.
Travel requirement: 30%
Stratasys, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected Veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against for their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.