Be part of something big, where integrity matters and success inspires, where great people collaborate, innovate and give back, where you feel included, valued and proud. At U.S. Bank we're looking for people who want more than just a job - they want to make a difference in the communities where they live and work.
Be part of
U.S. Bank is seeking a Senior Application Developer to design and develop Web API/Web application/Cassandra/Kafka to contribute toward the success of our technology initiative. Knowledge in WebSphere application servers in Linux platform is an added benefit.
* -Performs and leads the technical design and development of complex application systems using Java, J2EE support implementation in Linux platform
* -Has knowledge in Cassandra and Kafka technologies and will work with the Data team to model Cassandra Datastore and Kafka topics
* -Demonstrate an ability to match technical solutions with customer business needs and develop strategies and solutions to achieve the highest business value
* -Estimates and defines time tables and project tasks; Leads change impact analysis.
* -Review unit and test plans. Identifies opportunities to improve testing process and work with the testing team to ensure testing is completed and all scenarios are covered.
* -Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved and work with the Performance Engineering team to optimize applications.
* -Works with partners and clients to investigate, analyze, and resolve complex technical problems.
* -Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement and recommends technical solutions.
* -Demonstrate a passion for coaching, and mentoring a team to be the best they can be
* -Demonstrate a creative and innovation-driven ability to articulate software development best practices, including scrum and automation/Dev-Ops
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship
* Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
* At least seven years of experience with developing and implementing applications
* Extensive experience in developing API using new tech stacks
Subject matter expert in:
* System development life cycle
* Change control
* Linux Installation
* Web API
* Tomcat/WebSphere in Linux
* IT standards, procedures, policy
* Application design, architecture for mobile & API
* Platforms /Technologies - Java/J2EE, Junit
* Web Technologies Frameworks - Spring, Angular, MVC, Kafka
* Methodologies - Agile
* Application Servers - Linux - Tomcat, WebSphere
* DBMS - SQL Server, Cassandra
* OS/Environment - Linux, Windows
* Tools -Eclipse, Git