Senior Application Architect - PLM
The focus of this job is on achieving results which are aligned with the larger picture of the organization and its strategic goals. Initiative, coupled with a sense of competitive drive, and the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions, is the key to achieving the performance objectives of this job. Because environmental and organizational conditions change rapidly, the work involves innovation and creativity in generating ideas for quick response. Decision making is focused on implementing practical, timely solutions.
The job requires getting things done quickly and handling a variety of activities. Self-assurance, and the confidence to purposely drive toward results while constantly problem-solving and engaging the commitment of others is essential. A leadership style that is firm and goal oriented, and yet motivates, trains, and engages others in an enthusiastic way is important. The emphasis on building rapport and relationships with individuals and groups requires an outgoing, poised
and persuasive communication style.
While the job requires the ability to act independently, a sense of urgency and the confidence to handle a variety of challenges, a full commitment to the success of the business and high standards of achievement are expected in this position. The emphasis is on results, and effective systems that achieve results through and with people, rather than on the details of implementation.
The job environment is flexible, constantly changing and provides growth opportunity, recognition and reward for the achievement of business results.
* As an Application Architect, you will be a key stakeholder in the project team. You will work with:
* A PTC Project/Program manager and his/her client counterpart to establish timeframes, schedules, deliverables, and the cadence of the project.
* PTC or partner Technical Architects to validate solution design and establish key technology directions.
* PTC or partner Consultants and Developers to configure or customize the OOTB software in a fashion that most completely satisfies the client's requirements.
* Client business representatives to deeply understand the required solution functionality necessary to fully satisfy their business requirements.
* Client IT/IS representatives to ensure that the proposed solution follows their established environment, configuration, deployment, and hosting standards.
* Client executive personnel to ensure that overall program goals are in alignment with the client's high-level business objectives.
* PTC executive personnel to ensure that the program is progressing along a satisfactory path that delivers maximum client value.
The pace of your day is faster than average, and abounding with opportunities for both learning and leadership. During the course of a typical project, you will become your client's trusted advisor, helping them realize value from technology and process improvements brought about through the implementation of PTC solutions. You will have ample opportunity to provide direction and delegation to a team of outstanding contributors, all the while retaining ownership and accountability for client success. Another important component of your week is industrializing lessons learned in the field into training materials and job aids for the community of consultants.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
* An Application Architect has a unique role in our organization, helping to bridge the gap between business and technical communities. Essential skills for success are:
* The ability to visualize complex issues and build that vision in the minds of a varied community of stakeholders.
* The ability to communicate across communities, articulating value at both a high level and detailed level simultaneously.
* The ability to understand requirements and boundaries, guiding a diverse community of stakeholders toward a sound, achievable solution.
* The ability to balance both Analytic and Creative problem solving. Architects must leverage both scientific methodological exactness and intuition-driven creative problem solving.
* 2 years of experience guiding clients in the design and architecture of ThingWorx applications
* DBMS Skills: RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MSSQL and others) and NoSQL (Cassandra)
* Modeling Skills: Object Oriented Programming modeling skills (MS Visio, UML, SysML and others)
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, MIS or Engineering, plus 5 years of New Product Development or related experience on industry projects
* Availability for a consistently high rate (75%) of overnight travel
* Residency status that provides eligibility to work on Government and/or Defense projects.
Because of the consultative nature and travel components of this role, Candidates may have the opportunity to work from home office