Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today's mobile-first world and tomorrow's ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren't built for today's on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. Most recently, we've been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. We've been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a "Top 10 Upstart" by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Braze SDK Engineering Team builds lifecycle engagement SDKs for the world's best known apps and sites. We provide rich APIs for integrating with our system as well as highly functional and flexible user interfaces. Our mission is to relentlessly optimize for performance, ease of integration, clean API design, and reliability.
WHO YOU ARE
* BS in Computer Science and 6+ years of relevant experience
* 5+ years Android development experience
* Strong coding experience in Java - we are open to strong Java developers who are looking to make a switch to Android development
* Should have worked with most of the following: multithreaded coding, memory/performance debugging, UI development, continuous integration, build systems, code libraries/apis, mobile dependency managers (ie Maven, Gradle)
* Excellent communication skills
* Experience coding in Kotlin, HTML/JS, Ruby
* Experience in multiple mobile platforms
WHAT WE OFFER
Tech startup vibe including free daily lunches, snacks, and group events. Inclusive and diverse culture. Complete support from your teammates across all departments and a real "get it done" attitude for our customers. An opportunity to join a market leading company and have an impact.
* Excellent medical insurance and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents
* Matching 401K
* Tuition reimbursement program
* Daily lunches, snacks, and beverages
* Collaborative, transparent, collegial, and fun loving office culture
* Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Braze (formerly known as Appboy) is a customer engagement platform for mobile apps that helps its users understand, segment and message their audience.