Sports matter because they inspire leadership, teamwork, commitment, and confidence-critical life lessons that have the power to propel young athletes toward meaningful futures. GameChanger recognizes that without coaches, parents, and volunteers, organized youth sports could not exist. We celebrate those tireless heroes and make it our mission to help them do what they do best.
GameChanger is a technology company providing team management, scorekeeping, and live fan experiences that keep athletes connected with the team community. With GameChanger, coaches and parents can organize and follow their athlete's journey in a simple and powerful way.
We're headquartered in downtown Manhattan and are proud to be part of the DICK'S Sporting Goods family.
As a full-stack Sr. Android Engineer, you will use modern tools to build and improve features in our fully native Android applications. In collaboration with Product Managers, Designers, and QA Engineers on our cross-functional teams, you will build engaging user-facing features by contributing your expertise, writing code, and making key architectural discussions.
* Build and improve native Android apps, including interfaces for scorekeeping, fan experiences, and team management * Make critical decisions about how our applications are architected and built * Work on cross-functional teams with designers, testers, and product managers * Teach and learn with other engineers on your team * Promote responsible engineering practices, including automated testing
* 5+ years of software development experience * Solid understanding of software development fundamentals * Track record of working on Android projects * Experience shipping beautiful, high-quality app(s) * Passion and savvy working with the latest Android tech * Comfort working in multi-disciplined product teams * Exceptional problem-solving skills
* Kotlin, RxJava, Realm * iOS development in Swift or Objective-C * Web and API development * PostgreSQL or other SQL databases
* Be part of a diverse team of genuinely kind and interesting individuals dedicated to improving the lives of our customers. * Benefits include medical, vision, prescription, dental, FSA/HRA, and coverage for family/dependents. * Generous maternity / paternity leave policy * Well-furnished, modern office * Commuter Benefits * Endless supply of snacks and drinks * Learning tools including Safari Books Online, opportunities to join clubs, hack days, and conferences * Organized lunches, happy hours, and team outings
At GameChanger we are…
* We put our customers first, always asking, "Will this enhance their youth sports experience?" * We deeply understand our customers and work hard to anticipate their needs. * We celebrate and support our customers' contributions to their communities.
* We listen actively, seeking to understand others before making ourselves heard. * We challenge each other directly while caring about each other personally. * We do unglamorous work in service of the team.
* We set aggressive goals designed to drive meaningful change. * We are eager teachers and curious students who invest in learning. * We are resilient, thriving in change and adversity.
* We value creative ideas and productivity over seniority and hours worked. * We entrust decisions to those best positioned to make them. * We embrace individual responsibility and trust each other to deliver our best effort.
* We say "no" to valuable initiatives so we can concentrate resources on our most important work. * We respect others' time by limiting distractions, running efficient meetings and communicating concisely.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.