Foundation Medicine began with an ideato simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives. Position
The Agile Program Manager will be responsible for leading critical, high-profile technology programs in support of FMI's BioPharma products and initiatives. The Agile Program Manager will build and maintain close relationships with key Business Stakeholders, the Sr. Technology Leadership Team and SW Delivery Teams. Individuals in this role will assist in the formation of the product vision and will drive the procurement and/or development of scaleable technology solutions that align with both BioPharma and Technology goals and strategies. In addition, the Agile Program Manager will build and maintain close relationships with BioPharma stakeholders, the Sr. Technology Leadership Team, and various Product Teams within the Technology Organization. Agile Program Managers are also expected to build the practice for project management in technology, including establishing and implementing program execution processes and standards and mentoring more junior project managers in the organization.
* Serve as the primary representative from the Technology organization to the BioPharma organization. * Establish and maintain strong relationships with the BioPharma senior team members. * Contribute to product development plans and recognize the impacts to the Technology organization. * Responsible for bi-directional communication between the BioPharma organization and the Technology teams. * Serve as the subject matter expert on all aspects of the BioPharma portfolio and the pipeline of work.
Agile Program Estimation and Initiation
* Responsible for intake of candidate programs and high-level program analysis. * Ensure programs have clear success criteria and ensure the criteria is well understood by all teams and stakeholders. * Lead the "Big Room Planning" exercise for approved programs to arrive at a program backlog and identification of program risks, dependencies, etc.
Agile Program Execution
* Responsible for driving the successful delivery of the technology solution in support of the program. * Monitor program status and track key milestones. * Foster communication amongst teams; drive teams to self-organize communications, meetings and working agreements. * Adhere to FMI quality standards as part of program execution including regulatory components (e.g., IEC, ISO, FDA and/or other regulatory bodies, etc.). * Establish cadence and facilitate cross-team meetings (e.g. scrum of scrums). * Track impediments reported by teams and ensure they are actively being worked by the appropriate scrum master. * When impediments are at the program level, lead the removal of the impediment. * Identify, track and take actions to mitigate risks to the program before they become issues. * Identify, track and take actions to resolves issues that impact the program. * Identify and ensure program dependencies are understood by all impacted teams.
Basic Qualifications (Position Skill Set):
* 10 or more years of experience in the role of a program/project manager. * Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in a field relevant to assignment. * 3+ years leading teams in an agile environment. * Expertise planning and delivering large scale programs with multiple dependencies. * Crafts succinct and logical presentations and confidently present to senior level executive audiences. * Able to tactfully influence others and drive decisions without authority. * Comfortable learning and understanding a large enterprise architecture. * Experience with Atlassian tools JIRA, JIRA Portfolio and Confluence. * Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
* Experience working in an FDA regulated environment, specifically Medical Device. * Experience working in a software development environment that complies with IEC 62304, 21 CFR Part 11. * Agile certifications (e.g. Certified Scrum Master, Product Owner, SAFe).
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI's EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.