If you're a curious learner who has a penchant for getting things done, thrives on facilitating, collaboration, and has a wealth of Agile know-how, we want you to join our tech team! GRM US Technology | Products and Underwriting is looking for a Scrum Master I/II who will be responsible for timely and successful delivery of features/enablers for programmatic business and/or technology objectives that require coordination of multiple scrum teams. In this role you will also facilitate process and program execution, escalate impediments, manage risk and help drive program-level continuous improvement.
In this role, you will be a coach and facilitator for one to two Products IT agile mission and domain squads. Your work will include coaching team members, proactively eliminating barriers, and facilitating team delivery on sprint goals. You will work closely with your team and Product Owners as well as Business Sponsors and peer Scrum Masters across GRM US to support Sprint and Release Planning, foster team self-awareness, encourage cross-training, decision-making and continuous improvement.
About the job:
* Generally lead one to two scrum teams in moderate complexity work streams. Oversee scrum process and coach the teams on how to use scrum and Agile practices and methodology.
* Facilitate transparency, inspection, and adaption.
* Lead daily scrums, sprint reviews, and planning meetings to ensure full team engagement. Manage interdependencies between agile teams.
* Work with the Product Owners to support short and long-term release planning, and to keep work backlog healthy and prepared for execution.
* Shield the teams from external interference to enable optimal functionality and productivity.
* Anticipate and address potential or actual impediments to team delivery (cultural barriers, logistic challenges).
* Mentor/coach team members on agile practices.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least 4 years related experience as a project team member and a minimum of 2 years' experience in Agile software development including coaching on agile methodologies, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* Advanced presentation, influencing, and relationship management skills.
* Strong knowledge of Agile principles and concepts
* Displays strong communication, organizational, analytical, critical thinking, and team building skills.
* Experience working in a scaled agile framework preferred.
* Thorough knowledge of business functions and extensive understanding of business operations, strategies and objectives.
* Scrum Certification
Benefits & Culture:
In GRM US Products & Underwriting, we embrace all of the values of our Fortune 100 company and push our practices and technology skill sets to the next level. In this organization, we are an agile set of teams dedicated to helping impact the lives of thousands of customers every day. We embrace a modern co-working style with exceptional work/life balance, ergonomic work areas, substantial benefits, and best-in-class amenities.
Liberty Mutual is one of America's Best Employers for Diversity and one of the Best Employers for Women http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesToWorkforWomen one of the Best Employers for New Grads http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesforNewGrads and one of the Best Places to Work http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacestoWork . We offer excellent benefits for our employees including generous parental leave, retirement plans including 401k and pension, education reimbursement, commuter benefits, college savings plans, and much more.
To learn more about our benefit offerings and culture please visit:
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more innovative products and services for our customers. Learn More: