Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Satellite Ground Development System Administrator / Network Engineer Senior
What you´ll do:
* Work closely with a team of systems and software engineers to design and develop solutions for satellite ground systems, supporting our DoD, commercial, and NASA customers.
* Engineering responsibilities include:
* Creating and managing environments for enterprise class software systems development, test, and operations.
* Design and implement the internal network topology for the systems under development.
* Understand and make appropriate design trades considering networks external to the system being developed and deployed
* Enable the success of the software project by participating in the decomposition, architecture definition, software design, development, test, integration, and documentation.
* Work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team comprised of software engineers, systems engineers, system administrators, integration & test, and program management.
* Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
* Perform other duties as necessary.
What you´ll need:
* BS or higher in Engineering or a related technical field plus 8 or more years of related experience is required.
* Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
* A current Top Secret security clearance is required.
* Experience in developing software for ground systems used for spacecraft operations (e.g. mission management, data processing, ground terminal, command & control) or systems of similar purpose and/or complexity.
* Experience providing systems administration and network engineering for operational systems using programming languages, environments, and methods such as: Linux, VMWare, Atlassian tool suite, and cloud computing.
* Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and activities in each phase. Experience with agile software methodologies is a plus.
* Experience employing software development best-practices including continuous integration, unit testing, software version control, coding standards and style guides. Able to make process recommendations that improve efficiency and quality.
* Experience with Virtualization and Cloud Technologies (AWS, GovCloud)
* Experience with applications spanning multiple security enclaves desired
* Good communications and team collaboration skills. Willingness to work with project stakeholders to achieve exceptional results and value to the customer.
* Skilled in the ability to use generalization, abstraction, encapsulation, and other development principles that simplify designs and enable development of efficient and flexible software.
* Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
* May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
* May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
* Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government national security clearance investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required. By applying to this position you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire, if one is required, to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.