Requisition ID: 221622
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Career Level: T2
Hiring Manager: Neelesh Ghosalkar
Recruiter Name: Nancy Kaur
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
As a Software Design Engineer II with SAP Concur's Services Innovation team you will be working in a leading edge, technical environment surrounded with award winning SAP Concur product's that are transforming the travel industry. In this role you will enhance and maintain SAP Concur's internal tools and processes for the services department.
Software development teams at SAP Concur mean small Agile teams, where individuals are empowered to work independently on assignments and collaborate in a team environment. The Software Design Engineer II requires you to have vision and ability to see projects through to completion.
* Development of software using microservices architecture.
* Working under DevOps environment.
* Assess/modify existing code and recommend improvements
* Generate thorough documentation on application processes and techniques
* Demonstrate the ability to work systematically and logically to assess situations, resolve problems, identify causes and anticipate implications
* Multitask and prioritize work
* Play a leadership role in estimating, developing, testing and delivery of the desired software architecture in an Agile environment.
* Have solid grounding in computer science fundamentals, and hands-on experiences working on large scale integration projects
* 2-4 years of experience working as a software design engineer preferably on large projects
* 3+ years of experience in web development
* 2+ years of experience with an OOP/OOD language
* Code tracing diagnosis with performance analysis
* Solid knowledge of standard algorithms and data structures.
* Proficiency in an Object-Oriented language (Java, Node, Python)
* Familiarity with relational databases (SQL Server, ODBC)
* Desire to learn new technologies
* Experience building Web APIs: Our services our RESTful. Experience building production grade RESTful services is highly desirable.
* Working knowledge of AWS services, VM deployment and Dockers.
* Some experience of Microservice architecture implementation.
* Some experience working on agile software development teams which function in a DevOps environment, including experience in dev, build, QA, release, and support of your own software
* Full stack experience with Java/ Python or Node
* Experience with SpringBoot, hibernate is plus.
* Experience creating RESTful web services
* Working knowledge of AWS services
* Mongo, Couchbase or a similar document oriented noSQL Database.
* Experience with Git
* Experience in Search platform like Solr or Coveo is plus.
* Bachelors/Master's Degree in Computer Science or any other specialization or equivalent practical experience
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Additional Locations :
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Developer, SAP, ERP, Design Engineer, Software Engineer, Technology, Engineering