Requisition ID: 221945
Work Area: Software-User Experience
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
SAP Ariba is the global leader in business commerce networks with over $1trillion in commerce among more than 2 million connected companies. Today, about 63% of the world's enterprise transaction revenues touch an SAP system. By connecting many of those enterprises and their ecosystem of partners, suppliers and customers to the business network, SAP is aiming to become a leader in the fast-growing segment of cloud-based business networks. These networks enable companies to connect, collaborate, buy and sell across the globe in new and innovative ways. The Global 2000 companies spend $12 trillion with their suppliers today - the fact that many Global 2000 companies are customers of SAP provides a huge market potential for network-based business-to-business collaboration.
Our UX team in Palo Alto is looking for a rock star Senior UX Designer. If you have a knack for simplifying the complex and passionate about delighting users with meaningful user experience and love working with product managers and developers in an agile process, then this is the place for you.
The Senior UX Designer should have experience presenting to and managing relationships with stakeholders and their adjacencies on a variety of efforts that support both the business and a strong user experience. Also, provide direction and inspiration to their peers, and maintain and influence the design language. Managing vendors and providing design direction will be key to this role.
* Design and deliver web applications, from high-level concepts through to screen designs which are brand aligned and globally scalable
* Deliver to Mobile First strategy
* Evolve the design pattern library for web and mobile
* Work closely and influence product management, engineering, documentation and training; understand and contribute to product requirement documents
* Work with a globally distributed team
* Work across multiple projects
* Facilitate brainstorming and co-design activities with internal groups and with customers
* Work closely with visual designers, content strategists, product managers, and development teams
* Manage and mentor other designers and vendors
* Able to travel globally
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in HCI, Human Factors, Design Strategy or a design-research related field, or equivalent
* 5+ years' experience as an Interaction/UX Designer
* Ability to lead design thinking sessions and synthesis results
* Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality design output
* Expert Experience with:
* Design and prototyping tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision)
* Strong Design Leadership and Management with excellent influencing skills.
* Defining Style Guides and Pattern Library for global design patterns
* Designing for Accessibility
* Designing for localized experiences for Left to Right as well as Right to Left experiences
* Knowledge of Agile, Lean UX and Mobile First
* Knowledgeable about Design Thinking and Customer Driven Design Methodologies
* Portfolio of work should include designs from concept to finish demonstrating design rationale and business impact
* Teaching classes and/or coaching product teams user-centered design, design-thinking, studio work, or related field
* Business applications in: procurement, supply, financial management, contracts, POs, invoices, auctions, catalogs
* Design evangelization
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: SAP, ERP, Engineer, Supply, Procurement, Technology, Engineering, Operations