Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company that specializes in the development of self-driving technology. Our AI tech represents the next generation of artificial brains for robots - it enables machines to perceive, learn, and navigate complex environments, while avoiding people and obstacles. We partner with commercial equipment manufacturers, and global consumer electronics brands, to transform their products into self-driving robots.
As a Robotics Platform Engineer, you will work on the services, frameworks and libraries that enable internal developers and external customers to build robots using the BrainOS Platform. Your responsibilities will range from optimization, reliability, and repeatability of the software builds to delivering the BrainOS Platform SDK that will power the future of robotics.
Tasks & Responsibilities
* Work with application teams to understand how the BrainOS platform can support a number of different robots
* Port the BrainOS platform to different sensors and computer architectures
* Work with R&D to bring their technology to real products
* Develop the frameworks and libraries to facilitate rapid prototyping and application development
* Develop custom tools to enable SDK delivery and software builds
* Develop sample code and documentation to accompany the BrainOS SDK
What you need
* BS degree in computer science, software engineering or related field
* Proficiency in Shell scripting, Go, Python, and C++
* Demonstrable skills with build toolchains and packaging systems such as CMake, ccache, python setuptools, Go tool, Cargo, and debian packaging
* Experience with cloud providers; we use AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, etc.)
* Good understanding of and experience with Linux operating systems and containerization (Docker, systemd-nspawn, Kubernetes, etc.)
* A passion for robotics, automation, and technology
* Good written and spoken communication skills
Things that make a difference
* MS or PhD degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field
* Demonstrated experience in AWS Cloud Services
* 7+ years of experience in Linux OS
* Experience in robotics, automation, and technology
This position is located in our San Diego headquarters.
About Brain Corporation
Brain Corporation is a developer of autonomous navigational technologies.