Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
The Amazon Robotics Data Science, Business Intelligence & Data Engineering team discovers insights in vast and varied robotic data to help our engineering teams understand how their technologies operate across Amazon's network of warehouses. We collaborate with designers, software and hardware engineers, and operations teams to understand product requirements, make feature trade-offs, design, and operate new applications of Amazon Robotics technology. We conduct relevant, insightful analysis and communicate the results through white papers and presentations. Our methods include design of experiments, statistical modeling, machine learning, financial analysis, and data visualization.
A successful candidate will use data to understand and improve robotic technologies that are used to support the Amazon fulfillment and transportation process. They should have a background in solving the most complex and ambiguous analytic projects of their organization. We are looking for a jack-of-all-trades that is able to select and use the right tools to bring clarity to complex questions and help drive technology development and design decisions that shape our actions and outcomes.
Responsibilities may include:
* Define and develop business critical metrics and reports to provide network insights to Amazon Robotics leaders
* Embed with technology development programs to scope and prioritize analytics requirements
* Provide thought leadership in technology development deep dives across a variety of key performance indicators
* Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
* Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
* Triage many possible courses of action in a high-ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative analysis and business judgment
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.