Bank of Montreal
Accountable for defining, creating, and institutionalizing a predictive analytics framework for information and technology risk management.
* Interprets quantitative data and designs statistical models for researching problems and identifying underlying themes
* Collects and maintains risk related quantitative data
* On-demand I&TR prevention and play a key part in Banks' risk reduction strategy
* Develop resilient and flexible IT&R (i.e. fraud) schemes to combat financial risk
* Leveraging statistical modeling, machine learning, artificial intelligence, data mining, software engineering -- to build predictive capabilities to understand the behavior leading to information and technology risk.
* Ensure that output from analytics is accurate and continuously improved and is understood by key stakeholders for appropriate actioning in a timely manner.
* Ensure that gaps in data feeding models is identified and addressed on a regular basis.
Accountable for aggregating and communicating risk related data to improve the effectiveness of EI&TRM.
Scope & Impact
This job contributes to EI&TRM by providing second line management of BMO's efforts to reduce and manage risk.
Knowledge & Skills
* Master's degree, or higher, in Math, Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration, or relevant educational and professional experience.
* Proven experience in financial services industry for defining creating and institutionalizing predictive analytics
* 5 years experience in predictive analytics and 10 years in risk management
* Prior experience building analytical models using SPLUNK or HADOOP
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
We're here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmoharriscareers.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
About Bank of Montreal
Bank of Montreal (BMO Financial Group, BMO) is a diversified financial services provider.