The RFID Project Manager is responsible for leading cross functional teams towards the implementation of Avery Dennison Compliance and Inventory Accuracy solutions. The RFID Project Manager will work closely with internal stakeholders such as IT, Product and Market Development, Supply Chain and Sales and will also have external contact with customers. Primary responsibilities include project planning and documentation, meeting facilitation, follow up and communication. The RFID Project Manager is accountable for the overall delivery of the project plan and will work with various levels of the organization to ensure timelines are met, risks are mitigated and the overall success and customer satisfaction of the project.
* Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects for Avery's Branding and Information Solutions
* Work with management teams to translate strategic objectives into executable projects, and to develop plans for achieving stated objectives. Provide executives with project risk assessments and summary level project status reports.
* Strategize with project team to forecast problems, assess potential risks and solutions, and plan alternatives.
* Develop budget for project(s) and keep within budget.
* Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, forecasts, and status reports.
* Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis.
* Leading the rapid & flawless execution of high-profile cross-functional projects.
* Partner with Information Technology with focus on new software product development and integration.
* Help infuse process discipline, systems thinking, and critical tools deep into the organization thereby enhancing company's capacity for effective & efficient project management.
* Serve in an "air traffic control" capacity, Project Managers will provide overarching facilitation for all aspects of business's RBIS highest-priority projects.
* Create detailed project plans that explicitly align the efforts of multiple functional specialties (e.g. Sales, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain, Finance, and IT)
* Leverage methods & tools to: accelerate project timelines, encourage cross-functional collaboration, and build quality into projects from the outset.
* Identify & resolve issues proactively and balancing schedule, scope, and cost constraints creatively.
* Manage interpersonal dynamics within global project teams (e.g., building consensus among sub-project owners, negotiating any changes to the project plan, and holding team members accountable for delivery on commitments made).
* Ensure teams meet or exceed anticipated project benefits on-time, within budget, and with the desired level of quality.
* Transfer capability by: serving as role models on the projects they lead, delivering focused training as necessary.
* Work effectively with internal and external clients, third party vendors, Avery global offices, and senior management in accomplishing project objectives.
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business or related.
* 3+ years project management or related experience. Experience in leading others and managing cross-functional projects.
* Good facilitation, customer service, relationship building and communication skills.
* Good project management skills with knowledge of Excel or Project Management tracking software (e.g. Smartsheets).
* Detail oriented; strong analytical skills & organizational skills.
* Problem management skills.
* Experience with applying methods & tools preferred.
* Comfort and confidence in interacting with / presenting to all levels in an organization
* Good business acumen.
* Ability to influence effectively without authority.
* Propensity for identifying issues proactively, making decisions with incomplete information, and acting expediently
* Willingness to work on a global clock and platform
* 10-20% Travel
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.