Come join the top industrial research group for mobile computing and networking research. The mission of the Mobility & Networking Research (MNR) Group at Microsoft Research is to invent and research technologies that make Microsoft's networks, services, and devices indispensable to the world. The MNR group focuses on basic and applied research in all areas related to networked systems and mobile computing. We build proof-of-concept systems, engage with academia, publish scientific papers, publish software for the research community, and transfer cutting-edge technologies to Microsoft's product groups. The MNR group has dominated top academic conferences including ACM SIGCOMM and ACM MobiSys, and has had massive impact on the Azure network infrastructure by productizing research technologies including Software Defined Networking, software load balancer, software-defined wide area networking, hardware-accelerated datapath, RDMA, and network verification.
The MNR group is seeking Researcher with stellar empirical R&D skills and technical backgrounds in mobile computing systems. The ideal candidates will have experience building novel software/hardware systems in addition to being fluent in the state-of-the-art research in either networking or mobile computing. The ideal candidates should have strong ability to work with researchers at Microsoft to push forward research agendas, be a team player in a collaborative and supportive environment with outstanding design and implementation skills. Applicants should demonstrate depth of knowledge of networking and operating systems, including but not limited to:
* A Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, specializing in data center networking, cloud computing, wireless networking and low-power embedded devices, is preferred.
* Experience on research projects and/or co-author on papers in top peer-reviewed journals or conferences or workshops in computer networking, computer systems, mobile computing and wireless networking is preferred.
* Excellent critical thinking and communication skills (written and oral) is required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Implementing and evaluating novel solutions for improving the efficiency and capability of networked systems, cloud infrastructure, IoT, and mobile systems.
* Being able to collaborate closely with team members on developing systems from prototyping to production level.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.