JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world's one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUULpods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world's largest and oldest industries.
We're an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we're growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We're actively looking to hire the world's best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Data Science at JUUL means working with varied, messy data sets and applying analytical methods to help inform and drive business and product decisions. We see ourselves as output-focused problem solvers who value strong conceptual thinking and superb communication skills. This person will be expected to engage with cross-functional stakeholders, including research, strategic and regulatory staff and leadership.
We are looking for an experienced research scientist who specializes in working with survey data, from conception and survey design to data analysis and presentation of results. Projects in this role will range from deriving behavioral insights about users to evaluating the public health impact of the product to analyzing product performance and consumer insight data. You will get the chance to work cross-functionally with a wide range of departments and help fundamentally deepen our understanding of our consumers, product performance and behavioral health with applied research and analytics.
This role offers tremendous upwards exposure towards senior business leaders and the chance to truly impact decision-making in a rapidly growing startup.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
* 2+ years applicable experience
* Strong foundation in probability, statistics, causal inference and statistical modeling
* Excellent skills in Python (ideally), R or SAS.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Experience with survey analytics, healthcare data and insights generation
* Proven track record delivering high-value output in a fast-paced, high-stakes environment
* Experience with SQL, GCP/BigQuery and Tableau is a plus
YOU WILL ENJOY THE ROLE IF:
* You get excited about taking ownership of problems and solving them in a fast-paced and scrappy environment working cross-functionally with both technical and non-technical people
* You are output focused and see data science as a powerful tool to get things done rather than as an end in itself
* You are a strong critical thinker with a passion for understanding complex issues and are comfortable working on ambiguous problems
* MS or PhD degree from a top university or equivalent in a quantitative field (ex. Economics, quantitative Social Science, Biostatistics, Health Services Research)
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
* A place to grow your career. We'll help you set big goals - and exceed them
* People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
* Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
* Boundless snacks and drinks
* Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
* Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
* Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world's greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles