DescriptionRelease Train Engineer - Print & Marketing Services
This position is to support the Staples US Retail Print & Marketing Services release planning efforts. The Release Train Engineer also sometimes referred to as an "Agile Program Manager", facilitates the Agile Release at a program level and then is responsible for program execution, escalating impediments, managing risk, managing financials and helping drive program-level continuous improvement. RTE's are responsible for facilitating program events such as Release Planning, Inspect & Adapt, and the Scrum of Scrums.
The RTE ensures mission execution, leads and facilitates Print & Marketing Services software delivery teams through development and delivery, and is an Agile facilitator and can coach at the Portfolio, Program, and Team levels. Providing guidance in Agile, Scrum, DevOps, Kanban and XP. Supports teams in architectural runway development and work break-down and serve as an expert on Agile software principles to engineering managers, developers, quality engineers, UX engineers, software designers, and architects.
* Facilitate PI planning events
* Manage and optimize flow of value through ART Champion SAFe adoption
* Track and Publish track PI Objectives/Team progress and status reporting for visibility and transparency
* Facilitate Agile ceremonies such as Scrum of Scrums, Inspect & Adapt, System/PI demo
* Assist with economic decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation by teams and the roll-up to Epics, where necessary
* Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
* Help manage Risks and Dependencies; Escalate and track Impediments
* Work with Product and Solution Management, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
* Drive relentless improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; assess the agility level of the ART and Solution Train and help them improve
* Work with Scrum masters to increase effectiveness of Agile; Foster Communities of Practice and the use of engineering and Built-In Quality practices
* Partner with delivery leaders to ensure successful delivery against PI commitments
Qualifications• Bachelor's Degree and at least 7+ years of experience in a complex project and program management roles with at least with 3+ years leading Scrum teams.
* Experience as a Scrum Master for at least 3 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
* Experience Functioning in the Release Train Engineer role or similar coaching role for at least 2 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, in an Agile environment that scales up to a program or portfolio level
* Experience working in an Agile organization using Scrum, XP, Kanban, Scaled Agile Framework,
* Servant leader and strong communicator with strong interpersonal skills who can:
* Listen and support teams in problem-identification and decision making
* Encourage an environment that values mutual respect, openness, and courage
* Persuade by influence rather than authority
* Understand and empathize with others
* Think beyond day-to-day activities
* Support teams' commitments, personal development, and continuous growth
* Empower teams to be owners of their products and processes
* Strong technical aptitude and experience leading teams in delivering quality software
* Prior experience as an RTE
* SAFE RTE certification
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.